84313 Total Posts
Nelthilta is the last poster

Computer question
Computer question
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Off-topic]
Secondary: None

Im home from school and now i have to get everyones computer stuff to work.

This is a pretty spicific question, but heck someone might know.
Im trying to get a palm Tungsten E2 PDA to hotsync with my computer via bluetooth and im stumped.
If there is anyone with some experience with bluetooth or has actually done this before it would be a huge help.

----
Paladin: Its Nerf or nothin!!
I have a long history working with Palms, but I've never messed with Bluetooth. What kinda problems you having?

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
What I really want to do is send files from the computer to the palm via bluetooth; however, my experiance with bluetooth is lacking and is proving to be a stumbling block.
I can get the computer and the palm to form a bluetooth device pair, and i am able to share the computer's internet connection (i.e. use the palm's web browser), but i am unable to send files to the palm.
Under bluetooth devices I made sure to enable the file transfer service.
The onyl way i could figure out how to send somthing is right click on the file: Send To >> Bluetooth >> Palm. It starts up but then gives an unable to validate transfer error.
I tried to follow the instructions on the palm site but they arent very spicific.
Again, i dont expect anyone here to know how to do this, but i figured id give it shot becasue im stumped.

----
Paladin: Its Nerf or nothin!!
I'm just stabbing in the dark here, but maybe there's a byte-size mode or something? Like between 7bit and 8bit maybe?

Otherwise, I haven't the slightest clue.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
I too have a long history with my palms...They are hairy

----

--

[Back to Index]