84313 Total Posts
Nelthilta is the last poster

Server Config Proposals (Medkits)
Server Config Proposals (Medkits)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [L4D]
Secondary: None

Apparrently, by default, it's all pills on the map at the beginning. Then, for reasons pertaining to health, the director converts pills to medkits - so if you're all low, you have a higher likelyhood of finding more kits.

There's a setting to modify the threshold at which kit spawns will occur, but that still ultimately rewards the team that's doing poorly.

There is, however, a setting to disable that conversion from pills to kits (supposedly, I've only briefly tested it). I've set this setting such that we should only get pills on the server instead of kits.

Frankly, given the rapid swing that kits can cause, I think that it's ideal that if you can't guarantee the same number of kits, that we do what we can to make it completely even, and in this regard, disable non-saferoom kits altogether (I also believe that this leaves the finale kits as kits as well, but all other kits should end up being pills).

With other settings, I've enabled a setting that I think will make the bots a little smarter about saving incapped, smoked, hunted survivors, but I'm unsure.

--
Anything that makes it as even as possible is more than welcomed.

--
"Some douche bag, pony tail wearing, hippie FUCK..." -Sip

Sounds great to me. Getting medkit after medkit is pretty ridiculous.

Hopefully the bot setting will help. They can be so stupid when it comes to saving people.

--
You can lick uncle lefty

did you adjust the settings in the PIAS server? We were playing earlier and we had a tnak ever level really shortly after everyone left the spawn and then 2 tanks on the 4 no mercy level 1 before the elevator and 1 after. just wonderingif you made it spawn more tanks

--
Best rogue/druid on the server. I have a guide ask me about it.

Two tanks? Awesome. I modified it to be like the CAL settings with a tank on every level, but two in one level wasn't intentional.

Did you guys get medkit spawns?

--
no med kits, also, no tank on nm1.

nm yeah there was a tank on nm1.

--
"Some douche bag, pony tail wearing, hippie FUCK..." -Sip

[Back to Index]