Nelthilta is the last poster

No cal match again tonight?
No cal match again tonight?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [L4D]
Secondary: None

Erin pointed this out to me this morning, from the caleague site:

"All CAL Operations are currently suspended while the acquisition is being completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused to the community.

A more formal announcement will be made in the coming days regarding when operations will resume.

-CAL Network and Operations Staff"

This leads me to believe it's possible that their anti-cheat software still won't be working. We can always scrim still, but we should probably expect to not be able to play our official match. Yay.

--
F'ed in the A.
I'm ready to say "fuck this league". It's more trouble than it's worth.

Let's just find a team on IRC and scrim with them. It takes a total of 10 minutes to put together a scrim, as opposed to the 3 hours of wasted time using match comm and waiting for the other players to join.

--
That's true, although I don't think it's actually that much trouble now that we're set up. I'm still fine with hoping we actually get to play a scheduled match every week and otherwise just scrimming.

But yeah, I don't see us returning to this (I just accidentally mispelled "this" as "shit." Freudian slip) league. There's gotta be another one out there somewhere...even a free one.

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Fries
That's true, although I don't think it's actually that much trouble now that we're set up. I'm still fine with hoping we actually get to play a scheduled match every week and otherwise just scrimming.

But yeah, I don't see us returning to this (I just accidentally mispelled "this" as "shit." Freudian slip) league. There's gotta be another one out there somewhere...even a free one.

Whats the acquisition? Is it maybe just being that crappy cause they're getting bought out?

--

--
Whats the acquisition? Is it maybe just being that crappy cause they're getting bought out?

The problems are actually quite numerous.

1) The rules, in addition to being completely retarded with all the stupid screenshots, change like once a week. Screenshots are frankly unnecessary when you have demos, as far as I'm concerned.

2) The CAL admins, imo, are extremely unprofessional in their conduct on the forums, which, while I realize they aren't paid to do it, it's still a bunch of 18 year old children, as far as I can tell.

3) Now, with the acquisition, the site was down all day sunday, and as far as I can tell again, it seems like the down-time was unannounced. All that's been known was that CAL was acquired. Nothing more

4) The teams don't seem to care at all. We didn't play our first preseason game (admittedly, it was super bowl sunday) cuz the other team never responded. We actually did play our second game, but had to start an hour late because the other team took too long to get together. The game last week sunday never happened, again because the other team obviously didn't care enough to post ahead of time that they would be out of town. And now we've had to postpone our second scheduled game.

5) The "Match Comm" system for organizing games is poorly implemented.

I'd rather have a paid league that provides pre-configured servers, gives pre-set times, and has no tolerance for lateness - "Be on XYZ server by 9pm (9:05 at the latest), or forfeit.

I just don't have patience for this crap when we could just pop onto IRC and say "4v4, ours" and get 5 PMs from people ready to scrim.

--
CAL for CS worked fine. It's changed.

--
Quote by Chops

--
You can lick uncle lefty

Quote by Chops

Let's just find a team on IRC and scrim with them. It takes a total of 10 minutes to put together a scrim, as opposed to the 3 hours of wasted time using match comm and waiting for the other players to join.

This, I would be down for.

--

[Back to Index]