LoL Store Pricing
LoL Store Pricing
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [LoL]
Secondary: None

1 2 3 4 >>>
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=26798

One of the most common questions we get is around what the pricing in the store is for Runes and Champions. We will have many options for players to play for free or pay to shortcut. If you don’t like math, I suggest you stop reading and just check out the store once it opens, but if you’re one of those people who really likes charts, here is what our pricing will be.

Free Stuff / Influence Points:
Influence Points are earned by playing games, so anything available for purchase with Influence Points can be earned without spending any money (ie free).

Champions will be available at several different Influence Point (IP) amounts:

* Heroic Champions: 450 IP
* Epic Champions: 1,350 IP
* Legendary Champions: 3,150 IP or 6,300 IP

Likewise Runes can be unlocked for IP at several levels.

* Tier 1 Runes: 15-65 IP
* Tier 2 Runes: 80-165 IP
* Tier 3 Runes: 205-820 IP

Quintessences will be more expensive than Runes.

What will you be able to buy once the store opens?

Unlocked by Riot Points:

Riot Points (RP) can be used to unlock Champions as well if you want to shortcut your

* option to unlock them for free:
* Heroic Champions: 260 RP
* Epic Champions: 585 RP
* Legendary Champions: 975 RP

Riot Points can be bought in the store at a couple of different price points. You get a bonus the more Riot Points you buy at once.

* $5 = 650 RP
* $10 = 1,300 + 80 bonus RP = 1,380 RP
* $20 = 2,600 + 200 bonus RP = 2,800 RP
* $35 = 4,550 + 450 bonus RP = 5,000 RP

So how many dollars does each Champion cost to unlock if I want to shortcut playing the game?

* Heroic Champions: Free or $1.82 - $2.00
* Epic Champions: Free or $4.10 - $4.50
* Legendary Champions: Free or $6.83 - $7.50

Of course, they are also completely free if you just play the game, but cost money if you want a shortcut.

Q: How much will it cost to unlock all Champions?
Well, they are free if you play, or $44.99. You can get them all in a bundle.

Q: Will the amount of IP or RP needed to unlock a Champion ever change?
Yes. We will have occasional sales where we discount select Champions or offer them in a bundle. We also may move Champion pricing up or down, especially where the pricing levels are not aligned between RP and IP (those are temporary deals).

Q: Why Would I get a Tier 1 Rune?
Tier 1 runes are a way for people to level the playing field, while still giving them something to strive for in Tier 3. Tier 1 runes offer 56% of the stats bonus of Tier 3 runes for 8% of the price.

Q: What is the price level of each Champion?
You must really love charts. Please see the attached picture.

--

--

So assuming each tier3 rune costs 550 IP points

You'd need 14850 IP points to buy one full page of normal runes.

Say each Quintesence costs around 1k-2k ip point you're looking at around 18k IP points for a full awesome pawseome rune book.

--
Quote by Ismael

So assuming each tier3 rune costs 550 IP points

You'd need 14850 IP points to buy one full page of normal runes.

Say each Quintesence costs around 1k-2k ip point you're looking at around 18k IP points for a full awesome pawseome rune book.

Pretty pricey if you really want to mix and match. I'm thinking of possibly first going straight HP as it would benefit anyone you play with. The alternative would be to actually use tier one runes until you can replace them with tier 3. Thoughts?

--
F'ed in the A.
I was thinking about HP stacking too actually. But, I tend to play Ashe and and casters more often. I think this is the time when people will finally have to make a choice as to who they play.

--
BUT IM GOOD WITH ALL HEROES?????????

Seriously though, it's going to be tough to pick a runebook now... I have only 16k IP or so. Also, but unrelated, they better have fixed that fucking mastery bug.

--
Store graphics

--
Quote by Virr

Seriously though, it's going to be tough to pick a runebook now... I have only 16k IP or so. Also, but unrelated, they better have fixed that fucking mastery bug.

If you do it, you will get banned.

--
Quote by Ismael
Quote by Virr

Have they actually banned anyone for it? From what I've heard it's pretty prevalent in higher tier play but no one has really been punished for it yet.

Also, is it possible to accidentally exploit this? Sometimes I just throw points into a new tree quickly if I have the time, depending on the champ I selected.

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Fries
Quote by Ismael
Quote by Virr

Have they actually banned anyone for it? From what I've heard it's pretty prevalent in higher tier play but no one has really been punished for it yet.

Also, is it possible to accidentally exploit this? Sometimes I just throw points into a new tree quickly if I have the time, depending on the champ I selected.

Yeah its possible to do it on accident. This is how I noticed it at first... even tho I didn't know you could exploit it to top tier talents until ian pointed it out. Its really been in the game forever.

--
Yeah, it is.

I accidentally stumbled into the exploit picking masteries during the queue, and not having enough time to save the changes. After you pick your champion and get back to the masteries page its evident that its an exploit. All of bottom tiers are open , and dont require you to spend points in the lower tiered brackets.

Allowing a little something like this.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=7126&d=1258689530

--
"Some douche bag, pony tail wearing, hippie FUCK..." -Sip

Only $7.50 to unlock one of the 11 legendary champions? Worth it.

--
Quote by Lamyra
Only $7.50 to unlock one of the 11 legendary champions? Worth it.

crybaby bitch boy

--
Or the price of a cheap game to unlock them all? Sip, they have a BIZNESS to run. They want you to spend the $40 whatever over $7.50 a hero.

--
Quote by Virr
Or the price of a cheap game to unlock them all? Sip, they have a BIZNESS to run. They want you to spend the $40 whatever over $7.50 a hero.

I assume that once you buy that $40 pack and get them though, it's one and done. When they release new champions (which they will do often) you're going to have to dish out a pretty decent amount if you want to keep every champ available.

--
F'ed in the A.
It'd be less fun to have all the heroes unlocked.

Having to unlock stuff gives you a reason to play. But 6,300 IP to unlock some heroes is too high.

It'd take you a minimum of 23 games played (and won), all with a first win of the day bonus, just to unlock one hero. That's too much. I wish there was more of a middle ground where you wouldn't have to surrender a months work of IP for two heroes, OR pay $45 bucks to have it all done for you.

--
Quote by Fries
Quote by Virr

I assume that once you buy that $40 pack and get them though, it's one and done. When they release new champions (which they will do often) you're going to have to dish out a pretty decent amount if you want to keep every champ available.

Fries:

They said that the Champion Pack, the one that covers every hero for 44.99 or whatever, will also cover new heroes when they are released.

--
Quote by Lamyra
It'd be less fun to have all the heroes unlocked.

Having to unlock stuff gives you a reason to play. But 6,300 IP to unlock some heroes is too high.

It'd take you a minimum of 23 games played (and won), all with a first win of the day bonus, just to unlock one hero. That's too much. I wish there was more of a middle ground where you wouldn't have to surrender a months work of IP for two heroes, OR pay $45 bucks to have it all done for you.

You can get an IP boost, they didn't provide pricing for it, but that's also an option.

--
Maybe they should find some way to increase your IP more based on personal performance... but that being said I have no idea how this could be done fairly.

For instance, another game that works like this, GunBound (microtransactions), has even more ridiculous pricing schemes but you can get 100 to even 2000 gold depending on how good you are/what shots you make. Items are "loaned" by the week/month, or permanently (permanent items frequently costing 100K+ gold)

If this could be done with LoL aside from loans...?

--
Quote by Virr
Maybe they should find some way to increase your IP more based on personal performance... but that being said I have no idea how this could be done fairly.

For instance, another game that works like this, GunBound (microtransactions), has even more ridiculous pricing schemes but you can get 100 to even 2000 gold depending on how good you are/what shots you make. Items are "loaned" by the week/month, or permanently (permanent items frequently costing 100K+ gold)

If this could be done with LoL aside from loans...?

Get more points for leading in damage done to heroes, largest killing spree, etc.

I agree, this would be a good idea, and it has been suggested to them numerous times on their forums. I believe that they said that they have some bonuses that are in the works currently. We can only hope they are substantially increasing the bonus for not leaving games, I mean really, 23 extra IP on a win, or like 15 in a loss (maybe its the same) either way, I'd rather fucking lose that bonus (it only took like 6 games to get it again) and leave the game and go beat off with sandpaper than stick it out in some of these games.

--

1 2 3 4 >>>
[Back to Index]