Nelthilta is the last poster

Propisiton: Beanice the Guild Jew
Propisiton: Beanice the Guild Jew
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [WoW]
Secondary: [WoW]

1 2 >>>
With the guild bank approaching the 10k gold mark, I perceive that our potential to make even more gold exponential. When I was young lad, playing the level 70 game a man by the name of Beanice approached me and asked:

"Sir, could I borrow 500 gold?"

At first I was taken a back by this man's request. Money was tight back then, as I was saving for my flying mount. I quickly turned my head with a wince and asked:

"What do you need it for?"

Unsure of the request made by this man, I looked uneasily around trying not to make eye contact. The man answered with a jest, almost jovial in nature:

"I plan to run a game on the auction house, I will return to you 1,000 gold and we will both make a profit".

I was taken a back, this mans request was alluring in many ways. Profit without any real work on my part at this point seemed like an oases in the middle of the desert that was my flying mount grind. I didn't know if I could trust him- he had a sly look about his face and a twitch in his walk. Reluctantly I said yes and entrusted the man my gold.

A week later, he returned to me as he had promised and so...

I want to give Virr access to 1,000 gold per 5,000 gold in the guild bank to turn a profit every week. While it isn't an easy thing to do, I'm sure Virr would be able to handle it well. The expected amount of profit returned is going to be 5% compounding on what he borrows. So at 10k gold, he'll be making at least 5% profit on 2k gold for the guild bank.

Every 10k gold, from the first successful return, Virr will also take 1% of the profit to cover listing prices along with the tediousness of mail and what not. With slight increases based on my discretion which he will get to keep for his expenses.

Eventually and when the guild bank does 40k gold, we will be able to do more with the money, offer it up for dkp, pay for everyone's repairs- allow people to request gold for enchants. The possibilities are endless and I believe Virr has the know how and inner jew to do this.

Unless I get a huge amount of no's or complaints, I'm doing this later today.

Along with the use of the guild bank money, he will also be in charge of selling BoE epics which drop in the raid, and yes he will be using the info page on the first tab as his log of income.

--
Awesome. There's just the right amount of RP Fag in there to make it good, but not over the top.

--
The only problem I could see is using GBank to repair everyone's gear. In a 25 man that could add up to 500g easily, assuming 20g/each after a few wipes in Ulduar.

Also if we do this, every should have to repair before the raid so they don't bum off the guild for other activities they did while losing durability.

Otherwise I'm a Jew.

--
Quote by Virr
The only problem I could see is using GBank to repair everyone's gear. In a 25 man that could add up to 500g easily, assuming 20g/each after a few wipes in Ulduar.

Also if we do this, every should have to repair before the raid so they don't bum off the guild for other activities they did while losing durability.

Otherwise I'm a Jew.

It would be at my discretion.

Progression kills = ok to repair.

Wipes on spider trash mobs because people have LD and wont decurse unless asked to no repair that day.

--
Quote by Ismael

Wipes on spider trash mobs because people have LD and wont decurse unless asked to no repair that day.

Are you trying to tell me I don't dispel? T_T

--
Quote by Virr
Quote by Ismael

Are you trying to tell me I don't dispel? T_T

`/_`

--
Long as he doesnt change his name to Beanberniemadoff.

--
[IMG]suchafunnygif.gif[/IMG ]
Just make sure Virr doesn't DL any viruses from all the gay pr0n sites he visits.

Virr getting hacked would be lawlz at the Gbank. I know blizzard can restore stuff and everything... but being able to avoid that completely would be in everyone's best interest.

Otherwise...

I feel it necessary to warn everyone not to trust Virr with money. A long time ago in the days of Sip (the saver of lives), I bought Virr a very nice, very flashy blue dagger for the rogue he was leveling. Virr had refused to return the favor several times, or even acnkowledge the fact that I did him a favor. He is heartless, money grubbing, and untrustworthy.

--
Quote by Lamyra
I feel it necessary to warn everyone not to trust Virr with money. A long time ago in the days of Sip (the saver of lives), I bought Virr a very nice, very flashy blue dagger for the rogue he was leveling. Virr had refused to return the favor several times, or even acnkowledge the fact that I did him a favor. He is heartless, money grubbing, and untrustworthy.

And Canadian.

--
I did refuse to acnkowledge that fact.

--
just acknowledged it.

--
/thread.

--
[IMG]suchafunnygif.gif[/IMG ]
Just so we got all the math right, lets assume we are g-money pimps with 100,000g in the guild bank. That leaves Virr with 20,000 a week to play with. Assuming the 4% a week profit thats an extra 800 a week. Us being poor black folk atm with 10,000 in the bank its an extra 80g a week, or 5160g a year.
Quote by Beanman
Just so we got all the math right, lets assume we are g-money pimps with 100,000g in the guild bank. That leaves Virr with 20,000 a week to play with. Assuming the 4% a week profit thats an extra 800 a week. Us being poor black folk atm with 10,000 in the bank its an extra 80g a week, or 5160g a year.

Well, the keyword is minimum profit. As in he has to make that much or he just doesn't do it. To be fair tho, Virr has been known to return 100% often on loans. I'm willing to give it a shot and see what happens.

This also on hold ATM pending a full investigation of Lamyra's allegations.

--
I'm wondering how exactly Virr plans on raping the AH. Many of us do light ah raping and I for one would not like to be on the receiving end. I usually have 500 to 1000g tied up in investments at any one time and I would like to avoid getting stompt by investing a couple k in the same market as our own guild bank in all it's glory.
Quote by Soulman
I'm wondering how exactly Virr plans on raping the AH. Many of us do light ah raping and I for one would not like to be on the receiving end. I usually have 500 to 1000g tied up in investments at any one time and I would like to avoid getting stompt by investing a couple k in the same market as our own guild bank in all it's glory.

Part of the deal is for him to keep a ledger. Maybe he can post one up and you can work from there so you guys aren't screwing each other over.

--
theres no replacement for real jews

--
"SHALOM!"
Bacardee and Cola get the job done!
GET OUT OF HERE JEW

just kidding sup dude

--
That doesn't seem like something you would say at all, Lady GaGa

--
F'ed in the A.

1 2 >>>