Nelthilta is the last poster
49 Unique Guild Members
14 Level 100 characters
401 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
84313 Total Posts
Nelthilta is the last poster

LoL Player Guide (A Brief Synopsis on Improving Your Game, Dammit!)
LoL Player Guide (A Brief Synopsis on Improving Your Game, Dammit!)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [LoL]
Secondary: None

"Clicking is hard" - The Mystical Ismael Soto, sarcastically stated after owning a DoTA game. This sums up my position on gaming.

So you say "look Virr, you're taking this game way too seriously. Way to rage over nothing, nerd, it's just a game!", and I say "well, I find this game fun too, but I like to actually improve my gameplay instead of lazing in front of my computer staring blankly at a screen while I play."

To fix this, there are a few things you can do.

FIRSTLY, pay attention to the minimap, if you are not forcing yourself to look at the minimap every 10 seconds at the least, you are doing something wrong. While it's not perfect for communicating all the hero information you need, it's a start. Just gonna throw it in here that I'm colourblind and can't even tell the green circles around the heroes from the red circles.

SECONDLY, you can do is to check on the other lanes' statuses. Mainly, your teammates HP/Mana and the opponents. Seeing that your teammates are low could, or seeing that the opponent is pushing into the tower is a good indication that a gank is needed. If you are solo this can be achieved quickly, but be careful not to spend too much time out of lane on a failed gank.

THIRDLY, it's fairly evident that the first bit of the game is NOT about killing heroes, unless of course we decide to get lizard/golem/dragon and play aggressively as a team of 5. We are not playing league games. Therefore your goal should be: to farm creep, to control your lane, and to harass the opponent so they cannot farm. NEVER tell yourself that you are going to get a kill simply by running in without an opportunity early game, instead, wait for that opportunity to act and have a rough plan with your lane partner on what to do.

FOURTHLY, pay attention not only to your opponents' positions, pay attention to your lane partner. So many first bloods have been lost because of this.

FIFTHLY, when you get killed, please think about how it happened and how you can avoid it. This works a lot better than complaining about it, then going into the lane again only to have the same thing happen.

SIXTHLY, don't only work on your mental processes, if you are faster and can control your mouse-hand better, you will undoubtedly do a lot better. This is as simple as being aware of your hand and consciously trying. Seriously.

SEVENTHLY, (YEAH), buy items that are necessary for your to stay in your lane longer and at the same time will come handy late in the game for your particular hero. For instance, building an attack-only Twitch probably won't do very well when your opponent has the means to stop a gank and a Philosopher's Stone to regenerate afterwards.

EIGHTHLY, micro-manage your hero at all times. This is going to get you used to controlling your hero in fast-paced team battles. It also will makes you less predictable when the opponent is trying to hit you with a skill-shot.

NINTHLY, remember that in a large team battle, you can hold space to snap-to your hero. This is especially useful if you tend to lose track of your hero, which honestly happens to me often. Also related, choose a set of hotkeys and make sure they work well for you, then adjust so that you know them well. I still use QWER AS 123456.

TENTHLY, the most important thing you can do in this game is just TRY to get better. I know it sounds dumb, but simply playing the game passively won't really help you unless you play a shit-ton of games every day. This can be tiring for your brain so it makes sense to take breaks and laze about or take breaks from playing.

This concludes my ten-commandment instalment of how to improve yourself at this game. It seems pretty intuitive but honestly the reason I rage is because it feels like people aren't doing these simple things. I acknowledge that I do not follow these tips sometimes.

--
OK, who pissed off virr?

Really though...number 1 is certainly one of the most important parts of the game. Constantly keeping an eye on the minimap should give you a feel of when it's safe and wen it's not. If you're pushing past the midway point in summoners rift, and you glance on the minimap and notice you only see one red dot on your screen - get back immediately.

On point seven:
What I personally do is look for regen items that will combine into one of my later items. As an example, if I'm planning on getting Warmog's as my first combine, it makes more sense to me to buy a regrowth pendant than something like Doran's ring.

Another note that I feel has helped me immensely.

If you have 35-70 gold left over after getting your starting item, BUY POTIONS. They are so cheap but can make a world of difference early game when you're harassing or being harassed but have run out of life/mana.

Again...I have no idea who this is aimed at though

--
F'ed in the A.
SIXTHLY, don't only work on your mental processes, if you are faster and can control your mouse-hand better, you will undoubtedly do a lot better. This is as simple as being aware of your hand and consciously trying. Seriously.

Translation: Masterbation + League of Legends = Fail

--
Quote by Chops

Unless you're trying to work out your mouse-hand to be faster with more control.

--
F'ed in the A.

Unless you're trying to work out your mouse-hand to be faster with more control.

Yes, it's good training for the off-days. But while you're playing, it's frowned upon.

--
Quote by Fries
Quote by Chops

I'm not sure masterbation improves the control of your mouse hand, as they work on different geometric planes of movement. However, I could always be wrong.

--
Quote by Virr
Quote by Fries
Quote by Chops

I'm not sure masterbation improves the control of your mouse hand, as they work on different geometric planes of movement. However, I could always be wrong.

Can help girls click faster.

--
You can lick uncle lefty

Quote by Nelthilta
Quote by Virr
Quote by Fries
Quote by Chops

Holy moly...

--
Quote by Virr
Quote by Nelthilta
Quote by Virr
Quote by Fries
Quote by Chops

Holy moly...

I think Virr may be morally against this.

--

--
Quote by Ismael

I want to marry you Is(h)mael. Seriously.

--
Quote by Itsnot
Quote by Virr
Quote by Nelthilta
Quote by Virr
Quote by Fries
Quote by Chops

Holy moly...

I think Virr may be morally against this.

Have I told you how much I love you?

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS MUCH

Let's hold hands.

--
[IMG]suchafunnygif.gif[/IMG ]
<3

--
This thread is officially back on-topic. Stop sinning, you immoral... sinners.

--
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.
Pull the trigger and the nightmares stop.

Do it virr.

--

[Back to Index]