[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [SC2]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
Get yer practice games in while you can~

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/?rhtml=y

--
Blizzards rating systems leave much to be desired.

I'm stoked for the release tho, can't wait for single player!

--
Quote by ismael

How so?

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by ismael

How so?

--
F'ed in the A.
3 years of WoW arena?

--
Quote by ismael
3 years of WoW arena?

Not saying I wont play it, get pissed when I only get to the bottom of platinum and rage hardcore while masterbating. I just have a sour taste in my mouth from missing gladiator because of DC and because people will abuse whatever they have to in order to win.

--
Quote by ismael
Quote by ismael
3 years of WoW arena?

Not saying I wont play it, get pissed when I only get to the bottom of platinum and rage hardcore while masterbating. I just have a sour taste in my mouth from missing gladiator because of DC and because people will abuse whatever they have to in order to win.

what's being abused really? Even the cheesiest of cheese like 6-8rax proxy reaper/bunker etc is beatable. Sure some things could be a little better but I doubt there will really be many concerns left in another 3 months.

--
Quote by Ganner
Quote by ismael
Quote by ismael
3 years of WoW arena?

what's being abused really? Even the cheesiest of cheese like 6-8rax proxy reaper/bunker etc is beatable. Sure some things could be a little better but I doubt there will really be many concerns left in another 3 months.

Don't know, I don't play enough to care... but its like any other game. People will play and exploit whatever is considered the strongest.

Like I said tho, its not like I wont play it, I just highly doubt that blizzard can put something out that is fun, amazingly addictive and at the same time fair and balanced.

--
duh they arent fox news

--
Best rogue/druid on the server. I have a guide ask me about it.

Quote by ismael

Don't know, I don't play enough to care... but its like any other game. People will play and exploit whatever is considered the strongest.
Like I said tho, its not like I wont play it, I just highly doubt that blizzard can put something out that is fun, amazingly addictive and at the same time fair and balanced.

That's the thing though... anyone who just "abuses" what is overpowered and doesn't alter their build will just get smashed by a counter.

I honestly feel that if a player has the intelligence to know what their opponent is doing, know what to do to counter it, and can implement that counter fast enough they will win. Build order recognition is key -- by the time you see the units out it may be too late. (This is unless you just get utterly outplayed by macro or micro; not making enough miners or making too many too quickly, getting owned by awesome thor drops/stalker blinks key EMPs etc).

Players are already going one route tech-wise and then cancelling buildings and totally switching once they can dispatch their opponents scout. Not that this is exactly rocket science or new but... if their build was the "overpowered jesus build" why would they even bother switching or worry about being scouted?

Each game is in the players' hands I feel -- it's up to them to make something happen, or learn from their mistakes and do better next time.

--
Did you get a job with blizzard? LOL JK.

I kind of agree with the last part, although still feel the game will end up like the rest of their games.

--
Quote by ismael
Did you get a job with blizzard? LOL JK.

I kind of agree with the last part, although still feel the game will end up like the rest of their games.

Like SC1 or D2? or even War2/3/TFT

--
I loved all those games?

So yes...?

I think you keep missing the part where I said it'll be awesomely addicting yet lacking in competition. My only point is, I don't care for blizzard's competitive game design.

--
Quote by ismael
I loved all those games?

So yes...?

I think you keep missing the part where I said it'll be awesomely addicting yet lacking in competition. My only point is, I don't care for blizzard's competitive game design.

SC1 has (quite arguably) one of the best competitive scenes of any game ever

this game looks like it's just copying that, but who knows
My only point is, I don't care for blizzard's competitive game design.

I

--
Quote by Karrmerx
Quote by ismael
I loved all those games?

So yes...?

SC1 has (quite arguably) one of the best competitive scenes of any game ever

this game looks like it's just copying that, but who knows

Very true, I suppose Ismael was talking about their most recent releases. SC1 is legend, and I would be amazed if SC2 pulled off the same kind of competitive scene.

--
Yeah, I really think comparing starcraft to WoW Arenas is apples to oranges.

Arenas have many more options as far as both individual classes and class combinations to try to balance, as well as trying to balance it for both pvp and pve.

Starcraft 1 is a well balanced and highly competitive game, so I'm sure their goal for Starcraft 2 is the same.

--
F'ed in the A.
u r all right did u scor rlluy hi on lsat rding comp

--
Quote by ismael
I loved all those games?

So yes...?

Why do you hate freedom?

--
Quote by ismael
u r all right did u scor rlluy hi on lsat rding comp

Thread is 5 years old

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]