Nelthilta is the last poster
49 Unique Guild Members
14 Level 100 characters
401 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
84313 Total Posts
Nelthilta is the last poster

The bitching on the LOL forums amazes me...
The bitching on the LOL forums amazes me...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [LoL]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>>
Whoooo cares?

Skill overrides all of these minuscule changes. It's such a small difference and EVERYONE. HAS. TO. LEVEL. TO. GET. THEM.

How much more even can it get? Everyone follows the same route to get the things they CHOOSE to get.

If you're that worried that as a level one you're going to get rolled by a level thirty then I don't know what to tell you. If you take away all the runes or summoner levels and you're new to any game in the universe a more experienced player is going to have the knowledge advantage of having played the game more than you. In every aspect of life experience makes you perform better. The only way to get experience is to dive in, play the game, and learn it. Everyone starts fresh at some point. The more experienced players beat the new players. This game is in no way different.

--
Why does everyone think its going to take some inordinate amount of time to get runes?

I thought Runes weren't even for sale, I thought I saw that in a red post this morning.

--
Skill overrides all of these minuscule changes.

You call them miniscule, and yet, how furious was House, and everyone else their runebooks were now clear.

I mean, you've talked in the past about having those 3 quintessensces of mana regen being so amazing that you have constant regen and don't end up having to buy mana regen. That's a non-trivial advantage.

--
Quote by Lamyra
Whoooo cares?

Skill overrides all of these minuscule changes. It's such a small difference and EVERYONE. HAS. TO. LEVEL. TO. GET. THEM.

How much more even can it get? Everyone follows the same route to get the things they CHOOSE to get.

If you're that worried that as a level one you're going to get rolled by a level thirty then I don't know what to tell you. If you take away all the runes or summoner levels and you're new to any game in the universe a more experienced player is going to have the knowledge advantage of having played the game more than you. In every aspect of life experience makes you perform better. The only way to get experience is to dive in, play the game, and learn it. Everyone starts fresh at some point. The more experienced players beat the new players. This game is in no way different.

Except when a new player is actually better than a more "experienced" player (which, if you've played any online games, you should know a lot of those "experienced" players are often worthless) and proceeds to lose/die because the other guy had an unfair advantage.

I hate to say it but it's true it happens a lot - an enemy gets away with 6 HP and you rage and remember.. man, if he didnt have that +5 HP regen or whatever from his runes he would've died. And in the reverse situation, I would've lived but instead I died.

It's just pointless. Here is your issue Lamyra: What is so wrong with keeping ALL OF THOSE OPTIONS IN THE GAME but just making them open from the beginning?

Why does that idea trouble you? Why would the thought of it starting off even and everyone logs on and organizes their rune book how they want and diversifies it in their own way before squaring off in fair battles bother you?

It boggles the mind

I have 7 wins and 2 losses.

Runes aren't that big of a deal if you don't use them a crutch.

--
Quote by Ismael

Yes, we know you're good at LoL. I'd hope so with how much you've played it.

That doesn't change the simple logical idea that a leveling system in a competitive single match type game is dumb, to some people, and it just so happens it appears a lot of those people are in this thread.

We know you won't change your mind and obviously we all won't change ours. I'm just waiting for any logical reason why you're against just opening the runes up from the get go, since you really can't try to claim that they're some big draw that makes people want to keep playing games or something.
Quote by Karrmerx
Quote by Ismael

That doesn't change the simple logical idea that a leveling system in a competitive single match type game is dumb, to some people, and it just so happens it appears a lot of those people are in this thread.

We know you won't change your mind and obviously we all won't change ours. I'm just waiting for any logical reason why you're against just opening the runes up from the get go, since you really can't try to claim that they're some big draw that makes people want to keep playing games or something.

I'm not against it, that would actually be more fun because more people would play.

I'm just against people arguing against a game they played to level 3.

--
Quote by Ismael
Quote by Karrmerx
Quote by Ismael

I'm not against it, that would actually be more fun because more people would play.

I'm just against people arguing against a game they played to level 3.

This is where you have to back up that opinion by explaining why my opinion on the game is invalid since I haven't gone past level 3.

If I continued past 3, does the game instantly become fair for everyone and everything unlocks for all players?

I guess if that happens you have a decent point, if not you're just an idiot.

Quote by Mootastic

-Brett Favre doesn't have to only go 8 yards for a first down simply because he's played so long.
-Tiger Woods doesn't get the occasional "+1 to par" bonus because he's better than everyone else.
-You don't get an extra bishop in chess because you've captured both of your opponents knights.

Doling out advantages in anything competitive just seems plain silly to me.

In professional sports, everyone learns the game from scratch and starts off with nothing. You start playing with the Peewee's against people of a similar skill level. Then eventually you get so good you get paid to play and play in a more competitive group of people in the pros and spend your money on stuff to improve your game. Be it a personal trainer, a new set of clubs for Tiger, a new pair of shoes so Favre can run that extra eight yards if he has to. Just because Tiger has experience and money is it reasonable for me to complain if he beats me just because he had a nicer set of clubs and he's spent more time training and playing the game?

In league of legends, you start from scratch and learn to play. Matchmaking in sets you up with people of a similar skill, then through playing games you get better and level up. Through leveling you gain points and then get matched up against people of a similar skill level. With those points you can "buy" things at the "store" to improve your game. Be it a +1 gold every 10/sec rune or a +0.2% attack speed increase. Just because a level 30 summoner has experience and influence points is it reasonable for me to complain if he beats me just because he's spent more time practicing and playing the game?

--
If I continued past 3, does the game instantly become fair for everyone and everything unlocks for all players?

Yes. If you get to 30.

27 more levels.

Go make fun of darkfall.

Also didn't call your opinion invalid.

--
Quote by Ismael

Yes. If you get to 30.

27 more levels.

Go make fun of darkfall.

Also didn't call your opinion invalid.

Awesome, I'll have Devin start up an account and let him know that once I hit 30 he'll instantly hit 30 too so we can play together and have it be fair.

I would prefer to have all mastery points to spend and all rune slots to fill when I first start the game. But the fact that I don't isn't going to keep me from playing because I still enjoy the game and I know at some point, I will hit level 30.

--
You can lick uncle lefty

Quote by Lamyra
Quote by Mootastic

-Brett Favre doesn't have to only go 8 yards for a first down simply because he's played so long.
-Tiger Woods doesn't get the occasional "+1 to par" bonus because he's better than everyone else.
-You don't get an extra bishop in chess because you've captured both of your opponents knights.

In professional sports, everyone learns the game from scratch and starts off with nothing. You start playing with the Peewee's against people of a similar skill level. Then eventually you get so good you get paid to play and play in a more competitive group of people in the pros and spend your money on stuff to improve your game. Be it a personal trainer, a new set of clubs for Tiger, a new pair of shoes so Favre can run that extra eight yards if he has to. Just because Tiger has experience and money is it reasonable for me to complain if he beats me just because he had a nicer set of clubs and he's spent more time training and playing the game?

In league of legends, you start from scratch and learn to play. Matchmaking in sets you up with people of a similar skill, then through playing games you get better and level up. Through leveling you gain points and then get matched up against people of a similar skill level. With those points you can "buy" things at the "store" to improve your game. Be it a +1 gold every 10/sec rune or a +0.2% attack speed increase. Just because a level 30 summoner has experience and influence points is it reasonable for me to complain if he beats me just because he's spent more time practicing and playing the game?

Literally the dumbest response I've ever seen.

Mootastic's response is valid. Yours isn't even close.

The difference here is you can have Brett Favre playing in the NFL only having to go 8 yards to gain a first down, but he's playing against a high school football team who STILL has to go 10 yards to gain a first down.

HIKE. Let's see who wins! This should be fun.

(Or it's just a fair NFL fight except Brett Favre is just given that 2 yard advantage, but even though the other team is equally as skilled naturally, since they didn't "play as long" they don't have the same rules applying to them)

Quote by Karrmerx

The difference here is you can have Brett Favre playing in the NFL only having to go 8 yards to gain a first down, but he's playing against a high school football team who STILL has to go 10 yards to gain a first down.

(Or it's just a fair NFL fight except Brett Favre is just given that 2 yard advantage, but even though the other team is equally as skilled naturally, since they didn't "play as long" they don't have the same rules applying to them)

Matchmaking exists for a reason. You've shown no reason why my argument is dumb and Nick's is good. All you said is, "No that's not true."

Probably because there really isn't any way to argue against a precise and thorough point for point explanation.

--
Quote by Lamyra
Quote by Karrmerx

Matchmaking exists for a reason. You've shown no reason why my argument is dumb and Nick's is good. All you said is, "No that's not true."

Probably because there really isn't any way to argue against a precise and thorough point for point explanation.

Wow. You are actually a retarded human. Just for you, I'll rebuke your "precise and thorough point for point explanation" which is in reality .. zero point.

This entire paragraph is you ... not making any point. It doesn't matter how long you play, it matters how good you are. You could start playing basketball right now, play for a year, and I am reasonably confident that I could pick up a 7 foot tall Nigerian kid and teach him to play for a few weeks and have him completely destroy you. Time invested doesn't matter, but you think it does. You use it as the crutch. Skill matters, but adding in these bogus advantages to the people that invest the most time is only adding further advantages to the players that are "supposedly" already better per your logic. But they aren't, necessarily, and the people that haven't spent as much time should be able to play an even match against them to prove it.

If you think the golf club is in any way comparable to the bonus stats and garbage that runes give, you're ridiculous. It's more like you actually being better than Tiger Woods, going against him in the US Open, but being told that because you are new and he's been around a while, he actually gets -1 on every hole and you don't. You could still theoretically win, but that doesn't make it fair, and that would be an idiotic way to design a competitive sport/game.

You completely own yourself here. If you lose to a level 30 summoner because he has more gold than you, consequently more items than you, a faster attack speed than you - and he has all of these advantages for no reason other than TIME INVESTED, and not as any measure of his actual skill compared to yours - YES, you are reasonable to complain.

In fact, if you "lose" the match, you didn't really lose at all because there was no real match. Nothing was even, nothing was fair, so Mister level 30 has no way of proving he's better or worse than anyone unless he ALWAYS plays only against level 30s.

And so, we wonder again - why WOULDN'T you want it to always be fair and even? It would only give you the ability to prove that you are better based on SKILL, not because you have more gold and mana regen than I do by default.

Unless you really love having that crutch, I mean.
Quote by Lamyra
Quote by Mootastic

Exactly. Tiger Woods is better from practicing so much and gaining an invaluable experience that gives him an edge over others. In other words, there's no reason making some silly rule that states if you've been playing golf for x years you get to tee off x yards closer to the hole. The experience that you gain should be enough to not have to artificially make people better because they've played more.

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Ismael

Well yeah...especially when no one in the game has runes yet. Of course it's not a big deal right now.

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Karrmerx

Awesome, I'll have Devin start up an account and let him know that once I hit 30 he'll instantly hit 30 too so we can play together and have it be fair.

You could play. Or you could spend your time just making fun of the game and arguing about it.

You know since you play it so much and are planing to play it.

Oh. Wait.

--
Quote by Fries
Quote by Ismael

Well yeah...especially when no one in the game has runes yet. Of course it's not a big deal right now.

Except the people who managed to grab them yesterday right?

That's a lot of no one.

--
Quote by Ismael
Quote by Karrmerx

You could play. Or you could spend your time just making fun of the game and arguing about it.

You know since you play it so much and are planing to play it.

Oh. Wait.

Except I already explained why I don't want to play. The fact that it uses such a ridiculous system is so dumb to me that I don't have any desire to play it when there are nearly identical alternatives out there that provide the same experience on a fair playing field.

No one is making fun of the game. I posted in here plenty of times that the game was fun, and if they changed it in 20 minutes to make it so all runes and masteries were just unlocked from the start I would log on and play immediately.

The game itself isn't bad, it's this awkward design decision that so many games are going along with - supporting people that play more with even more advantages, when in reality the PLAYING MORE aspect (ie: learning the game and getting better) should be the only advantage they need.

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>>
[Back to Index]