Quote by ismael
u r all right did u scor rlluy hi on lsat rding comp

Thread is 5 years old

`/_`

--
Quote by ismael
u r all right did u scor rlluy hi on lsat rding comp

The point is you DID compare it to arena and made statements like

Don't know, I don't play enough to care... but its like any other game. People will play and exploit whatever is considered the strongest.

The thing with SC over arena though, and what makes it fine in general, is EVERYONE has the option to use whatever "overpowered" thing is in the game. It's not like you played a druid for 12 days played to have a chance and found out they got nerfed and you should've picked a priest

but I still get what you're saying so calm down ok friend
Quote by Karrmerx

The thing with SC over arena though, and what makes it fine in general, is EVERYONE has the option to use whatever "overpowered" thing is in the game. It's not like you played a druid for 12 days played to have a chance and found out they got nerfed and you should've picked a priest

but I still get what you're saying so calm down ok friend

Well (I think...) what he's more getting at is he doesn't like the fact that the "overpowered" cheese thing is there in the first place BECAUSE it mostly forces you to use it to win. I mean tbh it is pretty gay if you see EVERYONE using the same strat. Like EVERYONE picking broken tryndamere in league of legends - back when he was. If it wasn't broken... you wouldn't see it all the time.

But I don't necessarily agree with that beef because it's not realistic to expect it to be *the perfect game* and everything is gonna be balanced. And I know Easemal himself said "it can't be fun and addicting AND balanced" but I think that's my qualm with his stance. You can't expect it to be. I think it can still be fun (and worth playing on a relatively competitive level) despite not being perfectly balanced.

--
The SC team is, generally, better than just about anyone at making a balanced, competitive RTS though

I have high hopes for it tbh, the mere fact that the big Team Liquid tournament had a random player in the top 2 says something imo
Why can you not expect something to be fun, addicting and balanced? That's pretty easy actually, all you have to do is enjoy the game in the first place and have it be balanced, like SC1 @_@

I don't believe FOTM applies in SC2, considering this game isn't hit by the imbalances of stuff like "Oh, now there's a 244 DPS two hander that only PVE pros have and OH LOOK double healer warrior team who never run OOM because of their PVE/PvP hybrid gear!" At worst it could be hit by a small learning curve following a ridiculous patch.

The interesting thing about SC2 is that on other servers (EU, Asia) people are playing way differently than us North Americans.

--
Quote by Virr
Why can you not expect something to be fun, addicting and balanced? That's pretty easy actually, all you have to do is enjoy the game in the first place and have it be balanced, like SC1 @_@

I don't believe FOTM applies in SC2, considering this game isn't hit by the imbalances of stuff like "Oh, now there's a 244 DPS two hander that only PVE pros have and OH LOOK double healer warrior team who never run OOM because of their PVE/PvP hybrid gear!" At worst it could be hit by a small learning curve following a ridiculous patch.

The interesting thing about SC2 is that on other servers (EU, Asia) people are playing way differently than us North Americans.

They played way differently in WoW arena too. We just suck.
Quote by Karrmerx
Quote by Virr

They played way differently in WoW arena too. We just suck.

WE OWN BRO (almost) GLAD 4 LYFE.

I know they played some different comps in WoW arena, but didn't they generally have the same idea as us? Enlighten me, actually curious.

PS Nice DC lol <3

--
Well mainly the comp stuff, shit like RMP was nothing, the whole comp rundown was entirely different - especially Asia where it was wack as fuck, enhance shamans and shit all over in S5

they just had very different playstyles I guess.. I mean you know arena is all counter comping so it really comes down to what comps start to succeed, then counters are made, and then that sets the whole tone for the comp setups you'll see for the most part. RMP just wouldn't do well with how many other wack comps their battlegroups had
Quote by Lamyra
Well (I think...) what he's more getting at is he doesn't like the fact that the "overpowered" cheese thing is there in the first place BECAUSE it mostly forces you to use it to win.

Also, beta, 2.5 months before release.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Lamyra
Well (I think...) what he's more getting at is he doesn't like the fact that the "overpowered" cheese thing is there in the first place BECAUSE it mostly forces you to use it to win.

Also, beta, 2.5 months before release.

Also counterable. Also has huge negative effects if it doesn't work.

--

<<< 1 2
[Back to Index]