Nelthilta is the last poster

I'm FINALLY crawling out of my hole
I'm FINALLY crawling out of my hole
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Off-topic]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
Personally, I find cash to be a hassle, and do credit cards/debit cards for the convenience.

--
+$10,000

hate me all you want

+150k....when i'm 21.
[I.W.I.N. Button]

I wasn't really counting inheritence, unless that isn't. Just my money that I actually earned.

oh yeah it is inheritence. well then you win i guess.

No I'm pretty sure you win with that inheritence. I did not mean in any way to downplay that extreme amount of money.

--
I declare that Rikko wins this thread.

--
I declare that Rikko wins this thread.

She's gonna split half with me because I'm just that cool.
I have 5 dollars.

--
"Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you."
Carl Sagan, from a marker left by the Mars Pathfinder rover Sojourner.
i'm not sure if its EXACTLY that much but from what i'm told its something like that.
omg i won a thread...chops make a calandar thingy for it

--
omg im gay
preface: getting a shit load of money for free, is fucking awesome. I will not lie.

truth though: you're gunna eat through it, and you're obviously spoiled so you'll probably never be successful, and will forever leech off of parents, inheritances, or a male.

im just saying
tbh i'll prolly put it towards college, saving it, and towards a living space.

--
omg im gay
ok then tbh you win this round
tbh i'll prolly put it towards college, saving it, and towards a living space.

Do NOT spend that shit as a kid, definitely.

Put that into a high yield fund. Talk to people, see if they know any good brokers or whatever, and if you can't find anything of value to stick that in, throw it in a 5% savings account online or a higher percent CD or something.

I'd even go as far as to say, stick that in a fun and slowly sift the whole thing into an IRA for your retirement. How awesome would it be to know that your retirement is completley paid for by the time you're 19?

Any number of things you could do with that, but you MUST not spend it.

--
$150k put into a 5% interest account, compounded once a month for 43 years (until you're 60) = $1.2mil

How much would that be adjusted for inflation though?

I think you could reliably get a much better interest rate on that, stuck into a mutual fund or something for like 8%.

--
see i could run it up and have a ton of money but then i wouldnt have any money for college and i'd prolly live in a cardboard box. i think maybe putting some of it into a savings account would be a great idea and save it for retirement or whatever but probably not all of it. i think spending it on college, or at least some of it on college, would be a good idea. having a job and saving for college and using what you can out of what you've earned is a good plan and then whatever you dont have coming from the 150k will help out a lot too.

--
omg im gay
Work work work.

Now's the perfect time to start working on what you want to do, then pick something, and try to find a way to make money from it.

As a start, you MUST read Paul Graham's What You'd Wish You'd Known Which is a highschool graduation speech that apparently the school vetoed him from coming.

--
i'd only invest 100,000 in the savings account if that.

the federal reserve only guarentees 100,000 dollars in case of bank failure, which is rather unlikely but you never know with the jews in control.

you don't want to have your money in a savings account anyways, that's a horrible return on investment, you will barely beat inflation.

i know you are only like 14, but still there are way better tools for investment that work much better in your favor. with 150k at 21 if you invest right in a ira or mutual fund you could make a killing and not have to ever worry about retirement.

edit: assuming of course our financial system doesn't collapse in the next 40-50 years.

--
rikko, my advice for you is borrow as much as you can from the government for your education.

borrowing from the government is a steal, they offer very very very low interest rates and are very helpful about paying off debt.

being male, middle class, and white pretty much screwed me though.

i went to college wanting to borrow from the government to finance almost all of my education but im not able to get the subsidized loan because they look at my parent's tax return and see that my parents made x amount of dollars and i'm a white male so paying for college should be easy for me. i'm still able to get the unsubsidized loan and have every year.

i don't know if you'd be up for the subsidized loan either because of your large inheritance but i would still try for it. the app is free and you never know.

--
being male, middle class, and white

Ben Folds fan?

I don't know if it's different, but school loan rates aren't as nice as they used to be.

--
it's true, the reverse racism is rampant in the federal government.

i locked on like a 4.something interest rate on my unsubsidized loans which is still a insanely low rate.

--
it's true, the reverse racism is rampant in the federal government.

i locked on like a 4.something interest rate on my unsubsidized loans which is still a insanely low rate.

Recently? Or a while back?

--
this summer.

--
this summer.

Ahh yes...summer.

I doubt that you could get that rate now.

But maybe I'm just dumb.

--

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]