Tuesday:

8-9:00 P.M Server

Wednesday:

Thursday:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Raiding Rules/Loot Rules

Be mindful of everyone's gear. Progression for one is progression for all, progression for all is progression for you.

We will keep track of DPS/HPS charts per raid. You're encouraged to seek the advice of people that play the same class that are doubling your DPS. And no, we're not going to post them as a brag OMG CRITSAMMICH IS PULLING 3k DPS! If the boss dies, were happy- but we always know there's room for improvement.

We will be switching to DKP when Ulduar comes out.

---------------------
Guild Officers:

Melee DPS: Itsnot
Tanking: Beankarrmer
Ranged DPS: Beanice
Healer: Greenridge

Here's a breakdown of what the new ranks mean:

Officer : Handles relations with members, raid role accordingly. Organizes events, helps with intraguild relations.

Second Officer (No one at this rank yet): Helps with recruiting, organizing events, handles problems well that arise in the guild well.

Not so casual: Geared, dependable players who know their class.

Casual: Member, able to receive loot and DKP.

Almost Bromance: Can receive one set token (not over a member) and one off piece along with DKP until promoted to member.

Gilmore Girls: Can receive DKP.

I do want I want, Internet Girl, and Idiot who spams, are reserved for new members.

To be promoted someone with second officer or higher rank must nominate you.

------------------

Ranks are in now, DKP rules are active now.

-----------------------------------------------------

On alts and fresh 80's.

Requirements:
FR Set (around 290 is fine)
Epic Quality Chest or Gloves (Badges, VoA 10 or 25, Crafted Items)
Equal gear from badge items, if you don't wish to waste time on those
The maximum amount of dkp an alt can bid for an item is 15.
The minimum amount is 5 dkp

Gear is cleared by me on all alts, new people.

--------------------------------------------------------
Progression Kills:

Mains only, no exceptions.

--
Most of this sounds good to me. I'll wait till days are finalized, so I can open my work schedule for em.

--
you will however receive DKP points in 10 mans, to use in the 25 man.

While this is how we started PiaS originally, I would honestly recommend against it from an economic standpoint.

Earning without spending = inflation. It might be one thing to do that for the first few weeks before you start 25 man raids, or at the very least implement a temporary DKP cap to allow people to at least have some DKP to start, but the objective in DKP should always average out to be zero sum.

--
Looks good, because of my timezone I can't meet a lot of the raid times but that's because I spend time with people outside of WoW nowadays :O

<3 you guys will raid as much as I can

--
I won't weigh in too much but Chops is correct
Quote by Karrmerx
I won't weigh in too much but Chops is correct

Incentive to show up to 10 mans after you get your gear = ?

I can't figure that out since soon most of will be fully geared from Naxx. (and yes to the cap, I don't really agree with the earning 0 for 10 mans- at least for the time being since Saph is going to be a cock block for a while).

LOL WELFARE DKP

--
Quote by Virr
Looks good, because of my timezone I can't meet a lot of the raid times but that's because I spend time with people outside of WoW nowadays :O

<3 you guys will raid as much as I can

Yeah... I'm trying to keep it to 3 days a week at most TBH we really shouldn't need more than that. Besides weekend = fun times IRL.

--
What's...what's this...real life you speak of? It seems oh so foreign. Sort'a like a certain vodka drinking russion, he's oh so confusing.

VODKA
VODKA
VODKA
VODKA
VODKA
VODKA
VODKA

Anyway, I oppose itsnot controller my mad loots, he totally going to be like "Oh my god, this gives +1 more agility, it's mine!". Or, or, he will be completely evil and just vender it in front of me laughing.
If loot is the primary incentive for showing up to raids with our "friends" I think that would be the issue.
i think we're mature and close enough that we dont yet need DKP to say who gets what loot. From I noticed, we were all politely trying to offer other people the loot first lol. Once we start doing 25 mans, thats when it gets messy.

--
[IMG]suchafunnygif.gif[/IMG ]
Quote by Lucky Arck
i think we're mature and close enough that we dont yet need DKP to say who gets what loot. From I noticed, we were all politely trying to offer other people the loot first lol. Once we start doing 25 mans, thats when it gets messy.

Definitely not all.
I can step down if someone else wants the headache of being melee class leader =P

--
Quote by Lucky Arck
i think we're mature

How long have you been here?

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Fries
Quote by Lucky Arck
i think we're mature

How long have you been here?

Well played Aaron. I like you.

I have to kinda agree with Rogue - if you've got a problem with 10-man attendance, the problem is more fundamental.

Raiding shouldn't be a chore that someone has to do. Unquestionably, that's what raiding was for PiaS before we finally folded (pretty much for the last 6 months).

Some thoughts: If you bring pretty much the same single exclusive 10-man raid group every time, you'll likely encounter this problem sooner rather than later, where raid members won't need to go to the instance for anything more. If you spread the group out a little more (round robin or something), you'll gear up a little more slowly and more evenly, and perhaps the desire to go will be there more.

Alternatively, when your 10-man is fully geared, and someone no longer wishes to attend, you'll have an open slot for someone new. Once your core raiders are fully geared, then you can quickly gear up new folks who'll need the gearing to be able to handle Naxx.

Honestly though, with a guild your size, you shouldn't really have problems like this. Keep in mind, it's better to have to have people sit than to have to run short-handed.

--
Quote by Chops

I have to kinda agree with Rogue - if you've got a problem with 10-man attendance, the problem is more fundamental.

Raiding shouldn't be a chore that someone has to do. Unquestionably, that's what raiding was for PiaS before we finally folded (pretty much for the last 6 months).

True enough I suppose. My fear is lack of attendance once people get gear and other get left behind. While I myself have farmed way more badges than I need, I still hang around and run heroics as needed. And to be honest most people generally have the same attitude. It might not be needed, the reason I'm asking is mainly to gauge where people are at with it, since I'm not a huge fan of /roll I'd much rather pass it to someone who needs unless its the pants token which I took heartlessly from Lucky.

Some thoughts: If you bring pretty much the same single exclusive 10-man raid group every time, you'll likely encounter this problem sooner rather than later, where raid members won't need to go to the instance for anything more. If you spread the group out a little more (round robin or something), you'll gear up a little more slowly and more evenly, and perhaps the desire to go will be there more.

We should be at 20-23 people online this Tuesday.

So far I have:

Group Gaykids
Beankarrmer MT
Aplox OT
Myself Healer
Arcturium Healer

Group Queerbaits
Halde MT
Choco OT
Greenridge Healer
Lucky Healer

With DPS slots trickling in, spreading out ranged ect. Based mainly on how gear is spread between these members its a good mix of geared tank/healer. So, we are already spreading out the groups a bit- but I do love the suggestion. It might allows to forgo DKP all together since I'm not a fan at all of that either.

Alternatively, when your 10-man is fully geared, and someone no longer wishes to attend, you'll have an open slot for someone new. Once your core raiders are fully geared, then you can quickly gear up new folks who'll need the gearing to be able to handle Naxx.

Yarg, with 2 10 man groups, still leaves us missing 5 people for a 25 man. At our pace I don't see us in 25 Naxx until early Jan.

Honestly though, with a guild your size, you shouldn't really have problems like this. Keep in mind, it's better to have to have people sit than to have to run short-handed.

True enough. If people generally agree with what you're saying I'm all for it. I'd prefer not to DKP.

--
Quote by Karrmerx
If loot is the primary incentive for showing up to raids with our "friends" I think that would be the issue.

Well, this is the whole point of playing- but its always nice to get something in the process. But maybe we wont do it. Seems to me that most people oppose DKP anyway.

--
Quote by Dreel
What's...what's this...real life you speak of? It seems oh so foreign. Sort'a like a certain vodka drinking russion, he's oh so confusing.

VODKA
VODKA
VODKA
VODKA
VODKA
VODKA
VODKA

Anyway, I oppose itsnot controller my mad loots, he totally going to be like "Oh my god, this gives +1 more agility, it's mine!". Or, or, he will be completely evil and just vender it in front of me laughing.

That's gitler.

LOL

--
Well, this is the whole point of playing- but its always nice to get something in the process. But maybe we wont do it.

It's a big part of it, once it's been run already. Once an instance has been bested, the only motivation to return is for the easy gear (either for yourself or to help a friend get something). By the 50th time running the same instance, you know the people in attendance aren't there just because they like the encounters (there were only a few encounters that I fully enjoyed over and over again back in BWL and MC).

Once the zone has been beaten, loot is the only real motivator to return, even if the desire for loot is only so that the next zone can be targeted. Beating and instance is like beating a single player game. How many people replay single player games after beating them? How many people replay them 50 more times?

Seems to me that most people oppose DKP anyway.

DKP has it's place, but I 10-man is just too small for DKP. 25-man for sure, DKP will be the way to go...there will be lots of competition for items and a "currency" is the easiest objective way to determine who should or should not get items.

--
Quote by Ismael

Group Gaykids
Beankarrmer MT
Aplox OT
Myself Healer
Arcturium Healer

I love Rogue and all but do you think a Deathknight MT is the best idea? I suppose we'll figure that out when we try it out.

--

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>>
[Back to Index]