RonS Raiding Days/Rules
RonS Raiding Days/Rules
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [WoW]
Secondary: [WoW]

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>>
Quote by waffelcakkes
Greenridge makes a good point in that the zero sum system governs itself. This is so true and in my opinon best for this guild.

Crits makes a good point in that the good hardcore reliable players should be rewarded more than the scrubs- lol, but no really... the system should encourage people to not only raid but also perform well.

I believe that Ismael is a good enough guild leader to solve the alt issue IMO, because each individual situation is unique. I would say his discretion is good enough, as long as we monitor it.

I've been known to go power hungry.

--
Good thing Greenridge is staging that coup before the legendary pieces start dropping.

--
"Gearing alts isnt a bad thing either because where would be without Waffel's "alt" DK tanking for us? No where, thats where. We need to gear our alts."

Yes gearing alts IS a bad thing. Instead of 25 players with great gear you end up with 50 players with average gear. Whats the incentive to bringing my main thats dropping 15K BLOODTHIRST CRITS when I can get the same dkp and arena better on my BRAND NEW ROGUE! Now I'm going to throw out a couple of idea's tell me what you think.

1. A minumim bid should be set, I think we are all in agreement. Say 5-10 for the #.
1. For an offspec to beat a mainspec they to bid 2x as much as the mainspec does.
2. For an alt to beat a mainspec they have to bid 4x as much.

These are arbitrary numbers but you should get the point.

Example:

Trinket of uberness drops:

Mainspec bids 30
Offspec bids 64
Alt bids 68

The offspec would win because they bid over 2x a mainspec, the alt didnt bid 4x as much.

IMO this system would strenghten our mainspecs while still giving the option to win items for offspec and alts.
I agree with some sort of minimum bid, or at least a minimum bid requirement for any alts.

I also have a bit of an issue with the alt thing only if it becomes a problem - primarily, if people are blasting all their DKP on alts because they don't need much on their mains (because, say, they think ulduar loot isn't a big upgrade and they're already naxx 25 geared) then the raid as a whole suffers as the main characters used for progression aren't gearing up as much

though I don't know if that will really ever matter because the only time it'd be an issue is if no one spent anything at all on ulduar stuff and I don't really see that happening

so I dunno. minimum bid would be nice - if you're on an alt getting fully carried through naxx 25 you should at least be forced to spend some real DKP, instead of walking out with nine items at two DKP each
so I dunno. minimum bid would be nice - if you're on an alt getting fully carried through naxx 25 you should at least be forced to spend some real DKP, instead of walking out with nine items at two DKP each

I think people can try to police themselves better, and just be more aware of who is in the raid right?

Also, let me gear my lockkkk RABBLE.

--
I would edit that, but the tears aren't worth it.

--
I deleted it, but check this out.

--
haha I love it.

--
There needs to be something in place so that alts are not on the same playing field as mains. We should be gearing up our lesser guildies but too many tier pieces are going to alts. Many items went for more DKP than the T8.5 from VoA to alts when mains could of used them. Before the days of DKP when it was loot council there would of been a shit storm if an alt got an item over a main but now its common.
Quote by Beanman
There needs to be something in place so that alts are not on the same playing field as mains. We should be gearing up our lesser guildies but too many tier pieces are going to alts. Many items went for more DKP than the T8.5 from VoA to alts when mains could of used them. Before the days of DKP when it was loot council there would of been a shit storm if an alt got an item over a main but now its common.

In PiaS, we just said no alt can ever get an item over a main, regardless of standings. Since there were rarely any alts in the raid, and because we used a minimum bid for items, there wasn't really a problem when items defaulted to alts. I'd rather see them go to alts then be sharded.

Took care of that no problem.

And to combat people swapping mains regularly, there was a 50% total DKP penalty for changing your mains with one exception: If we desperately needed the class of the main, and the main change was requested by the officers (which almost always meant we were asking you to main your tank or your healer).

--
For those of you that might be interested, this is the old PiaS Guild Policies page. It's currently hidden from the menu, but it hasn't been deleted.

http://www.poopinashoe.com/dynpage.php?id=13

--
Quote by Beanman

Try this on for fair.

Before DKP 7.5helm drops, halde, myself, and at least 1 hunter and shaman roll, I think I had a 95. But it gets loot counciled to halde. Ok, he's a tank... whatever.
Following week, helm drops again, it gets loot council'ed to Moophasa, new shaman with a blue helm. Guessing it was because he has a blue and I have t7. Pretty gay... but oh DKP is now supposed to make it more fair.

Same item drops again, would give me 4/5 of the bonus for my tanking set, I bid what I think is a large value, 31 (or more), but it does for 52 (?) to Zomgz. Ain't it a bitch that a roll I shoulda won gets loot council'd to Halde, then weeks later he wins on his alt. Not saying its Halde's fault, he's got DKP and he's choosing to dump it into his alt.

But yeh... this all gives me ALOT of incentive to want to continue raiding and CARRYING fucking faggot alts/newbs. (To clarify "faggots" -- new people that don't know the fights and cause us to wipe and/or alts that are in horrible gear --probably couldnt get into a 10naxx run with -- and dont have frost resist)

PEED BRO PEED? Answer -- Absolutely. Officers are not enforcing the alt rules etc that Ismael set the first few weeks of us raiding. Then you get someone that is basically forced to come on their main every fucking week and has nothing to show for it but 1)repair bills 2)-2 to 3 repairs bots because people are retarded and don't repair... because loot RNG is cool (Betrayer of LOLmanity)
Quote by Beanman

Well, I agree with Crits that the rules should be enforced. The issue that comes up with enforcing them? The bitching. I can't stand it, and I'm pretty sure that its the one thing that after a while will make me kick someone from the guild. So knowing full well that I have this issue, with bitching from people about pixelated gear, the only acceptable course of action is to expect people to follow the rules.

On the other side of the fence, if this person feels the need to dump vast amounts of dkp, IE droping 70 dkp on some random item from KT for your alt- its your choice, its your time you're choosing to spend. In the future tho, you'll be considerably behind everyone else when were doing the content pushes, in which upgrades for your main, and a few months down the line for your alts, exist.

So, someone like say Schemeckle who is at the bottom of the totem pole with dkp and is losing items to alts, will by logic soon be getting the same items for far less dkp. There is obviously positives and negatives to the current system where we've all, all of the officers have sat back and let people do whatever for the sake of avoiding drama from the queens. I feel that in the long run the positives will out weigh the negatives. I don't mind waiting for my gear to drop.

Here's another side note, that myself and Beankarrmer noted. People who straight out 100% expect to have their alts carried and site greenridge and dudebro as "cases" are by far the dumbest people ever to play WoW with us. If you would like you can armory beanbloom and ismael. Both characters have 90% of their gear from badges and pug raids. I know my warlock has 3 pieces of frost resist, is capped on hit and has gear to do any spec well. I did this on my time, I didn't sit around requesting to be carried. Is it annoying that I see people in BoA items and greens mixed in with blues? Yes, it is very annoying. Dudebro and Waffel also followed this rule and were prompt in getting an FR set and the gear they needed. So, when it comes to alts I'd much rather let the people that want to dump their dkp do so. I'm not your mom, I'm not going to control you. There are about 3-4 members in the guild at the moment who are not over 18. The rest of us are mature adults (when it comes to things that matter, like following a set of sticked rules) I expect people to simply follow them. So, if you want to be a 20+ year old who still acts like a fagot child, feel free. Its no skin off my back (not directed to anyone).

Also, on Thursday is a classic example of me saying "hey this is wrong shouldn't be done this way" (in which i was wrong and subsequently apologized to who I wronged) and about 4-5 people raged and quit the raid. I don't want people to get frustrated or offended playing a game. I'd much rather end up disappointed in someone who isn't conscious of others than lay down my dick and flop it around until people listen.

For those of you who feel wronged by the system. I apologize and I do hear you guys and appreciate the honesty.

--
Also crits, i think with the swap to the new system of dkp v loot council its unfair to try and compare past events ect.

And yes, it is very suspicious that we all finally agreed to switch over after I had my helm, turning tide and shield. Although it wasn't done on purpose.

and now, here's a dancing president.

--
-----------------------------------------------------

On alts and fresh 80's.

Requirements:
FR Set (around 290 is fine)
Epic Quality Chest or Gloves (Badges, VoA 10 or 25, Crafted Items)
Equal gear from badge items, if you don't wish to waste time on those

Gear is cleared by me on all alts, new people.

--------------------------------------------------------
Progression Kills:

Mains only, no exceptions.

Just a reminder.

PS new people like teet, aditi, and crossman have all put in shit tons of time playing their toons, in case you notice them not meeting these requirements.

--
I don't want people to get frustrated or offended playing a game. I'd much rather end up disappointed in someone who isn't conscious of others than lay down my dick and flop it around until people listen.

What kind of analogy is this, lol.

--
I don't know I was in the bathroom when I wrote that.

--
I think what crits and I are asking for are rules so that someone can't dump all their dkp on alts. It would not be hard to implement an easy rule "If a main bids more than 20 dkp(any random number) on an item an alt or offspec can not win it over a main" Alts winning KT loot and tier pieces are hurting guild progression. Yes the new people will gain dkp and have a fighting chance but they would otherwise be in better gear and contributing more. I want to be raiding ulduar, not running naxx for 3 more months. If people want to bring alts let them get the pieces that are going to be sharded.
One important thing to keep in mind: A lot of this will go away once we start raiding Ulduar for real, which if our 10 man is any indication, truly isn't that complicated. I think we will do well on Tuesday if people show up.

Once we're a couple weeks into Ulduar and downing a lot of bosses, this alt thing won't matter. Why? No alts come to ulduar, unless requested. People will be spending a lot of DKP on real gear, new gear, gear that no alt can win over you because no alts can be in the raids.

Naxx gear just won't be a big deal soon.

For now though? I don't know, I'm not a fan of alts winning loot over mains. I almost feel like some sort of combination of Beanmans ideas and something else, or anything for that matter ... maybe if an alt bids the highest on an item, give a main spec that genuinely needs it as an upgrade the option of taking it for the price that the alt offered to spend? IE, Grim Toll last night:

Critsammich bid like 9 or something
Soulmans hunter alt bid 20 and won

perhaps say since Crits is a main and needs that for his main spec for progression purposes (he has some blue trinket) - Crits, you have the option of taking this for 20 DKP.

If you don't think its worth 20 DKP, then this alt guy wins. This can help with people tossing 1 DKP bombs and winning everything they want in naxx over alts just because theyre "main" spec. Make people spend points on things that are genuinely worth points

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>>
[Back to Index]