Left 4 Dead CAL League
Left 4 Dead CAL League
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [L4D]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 >>>
Quote by Fries
Our first game is in a week, Feb 1st. Any idea what our schedule is Chops? Any idea how this all works? We'll have to get everything worked out before then so we have all the mods installed correctly, etc.

Yeah I wanna play our first game while watching the superbowl

--
We don't know what time it is.
Chops, any idea on any of this?

--
F'ed in the A.
Jesse can schedule the match for anytime during that week I believe, he and the other team leader just need to coordinate.

--
"Some douche bag, pony tail wearing, hippie FUCK..." -Sip

I'm also wondering how we know who we're supposed to play?

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Fries

They list it on the site.

--
Quote by Camera
Quote by Fries

They list it on the site.

It's just not listed yet.

--
So, we play team Boom Sunday. How is the exact time determined...by you, Chops?

We're also the away team, which I think means they get to pick what they start as.

--
F'ed in the A.
The default game time is 9pm CST.

I've also asked them if they'd like to reschedule since sunday is superbowl (doesn't the game start at like 5pm, which means it'll overlap a bit). IF it's not a problem and we can get 4 people on for it, then we don't need to reschedule, but we have to play before 10pm monday for the game to count. Hopefully they won't be lame about it since it's still preseason, but I've heard that in normal season, teams are gay about rescheduling, since all they care about is the win. All I care about is playing someone who isn't going to Rage quit.

Them being home team means, if I remember with the new rules, means they start as survivors for the first two or three levels, then we do survivors first. It also means they furnish a server for the first half, and then we do, I think, though we can choose to stay on the same server if we prefer.

--
Preseason is preseason, doesn't really matter.

It's nice that they won't rage quit, but I know in CS half the time people wouldn't even end up coming to their games.

--
I'll be watching the superbowl probably, but won't be going anywhere, so I should be able to play at 9pm.

Also, tried getting the server going at all today? I'd like to get a bunch of practices in the next couple of weeks to try to coordinate attacks better, etc.

Can't start as late as last night, though. I'd like to start a scrim at 8-9pm. Also can't believe it's legal to stack in a corner against tanks...I hope a future patch makes tanks hit all players his swings into. I'll use the strat if it's legal, no doubt, but it would be much more intense if it didn't work.

--
F'ed in the A.
As many of you are aware, preseason for CAL's first season of Left 4 Dead begins this Sunday, February 1st. If your team has four people registered on the roster, you should be scheduled for a match. The rules have also been updated and you should be completely familiar with them. You may view them by going to http://www.caleague.com/?division=l4do and clicking "Rules" on the right hand side. Not being familiar with the rules is no excuse for breaking them.

Additionally, if you have a server you plan to use for a CAL match, it must have the latest version of the CAL ready-up plugin and CAL config uploaded and ready to go. Select the "Files" section on the right hand side of the Left 4 Dead 4v4 Open division to download the necessary files.

ALL PLAYERS must run the CAL ACS client BEFORE starting up Left 4 Dead and joining the match server. This can be downloaded from the "Files" section of the Left 4 Dead 4v4 Open division. All players must also run a demo of the complete match (type "record demonamehere" in console).

ALL PLAYERS must take the following screenshot:

All players are required to take one (1) screenshot at the beginning of the first round. The infected should position themselves in front of the survivors while in ghost form. Once in position, they should inform the survivors and all players should take a screenshot - the infected viewing survivors and the survivors looking towards where the infected are (can't see them while in ghost form).

Team leaders MUST take the following screenshots:

Team leaders, or the individual acting as interim team leader in-game, are required to take the following:
-One screenshot of the results of CONSOLE STATUS (non hosting team) per map for the away team.(this is done by opening the game console, typing "status" and taking a screenshot of the resulting dialog by typing "jpeg" or pressing F5)
-One screenshot of the scoreboard at the end of each map as well as at the conclusion of any overtime maps if applicable; please use the key to show score (default TA and screenshot while it is visible.
-One screenshot of the results of console RCON STATUS (hosting team) per map as taken by the team with RCON access to the server on which the match is held.
-One screenshot of rcon sm plugins list (in console) by the hosting team.

One important section of the rules that everyone should know is as follows:
f.) List of ILLEGAL areas.
*Note: This list is subject to change at any time and is by no means a complete listing of ILLEGAL areas. Final determination rests with the CAL staff on all exploits.

1.The vents behind the elevator on the 28th floor of No Mercy 4 is illegal.
2.Skipping the final house on BH4 by jumping between the canyon and the train cars on the left is illegal.
3.Skipping any crescendo event without triggering it is illegal.
4.The vents on No Mercy 2 are legal so long as you are not sitting inside waiting for the tank. Camping the vents while a tank is active is NOT legal.

Matches must be played no later than Monday at 10 pm in your conference time zone. This gives AC enough time to handle disputes before schedules are released on Wednesday. Please conduct all match related business through CAL match comms.

If you have any questions about anything, please contact a CAL admin on IRC, through a private message, or on the forums. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to an exciting first season!

Sincerely,
The Left 4 Dead Staff

--

How many retarded rules can you possibly have? Why not these rules?

"At the beginning of each round each survivor must fire their pistol a minimum of ONE (1) time at the ceiling. Team leaders must fire at least TWO (2)."

"Before entering the safe house all survivors MUST TYPE IN ALL CHAT: 'About to enter safehouse!'"

They make about as much sense to me as taking random ass screenshots of nothing at the start of the round or not going behind the vents on No Mercy 4.

--
Also, the team we play against is good as fuck as CS/CS:S.

Hopefully they blow at l4d.

--

The ABOUT TO ENTER THE SAFEHOUSE shit is uber fucking gay, and doesn't make any sense. Same with the firing at the ceiling shit. But the screenshots at the start of the game saves alot of trouble with cheating disputes.

--

Quote by MystaRiven
The ABOUT TO ENTER THE SAFEHOUSE shit is uber fucking gay, and doesn't make any sense. Same with the firing at the ceiling shit. But the screenshots at the start of the game saves alot of trouble with cheating disputes.

No I just made those rules up to exaggerate how stupid I feel a lot of these rules are. I'm reading them now, and it's a frickin book. I feel like we're going to screw something up and be violating some form of rule or failing to meet some requirement just because of how much stuff is listed here.

--
I was thinking that too. We should probably scrim a couple times this weekend doing all the unnecessary shit (or most of it) just to get the hang of it. I'll probably install my plugins and stuff today too. But, if we do screw something up, best to do it in preseason.

--
F'ed in the A.
Yeah, I think the number of screenshots is pretty ridiculous. The rules are so detailed, yet poorly explained (ie, it doesn't mention that the "illegal" areas only apply to the survivors, not the infected).

I'm finding this CAL shit to be pretty amateurish, and I would so not be proud of this presentation if it were my league.

--
From what i'm seeing, there's apparently no penalty for missing any preseason games, so we may not actually have to play.

I would like to play some games though, at the very least, I think we should try to get a scrim with another team. Even if it means someone will have to sit out, we should try playing against an actual organized team.

Also, our first preseason is No Mercy, so that should be what we play.

--
I'm definitely down for playing a bunch today, and I agree. No Mercy to the limit. I think a huge benefit to playing in the scrim is not only playing against what I assume will be a very good team, but we'll be able to look at our recordings of the match and take things from it. I'm really curious to see just how ineffective "fag castling" is, or if perhaps we do it well enough that we shouldn't get slashed much.

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Chops
Yeah, I think the number of screenshots is pretty ridiculous. The rules are so detailed, yet poorly explained (ie, it doesn't mention that the "illegal" areas only apply to the survivors, not the infected).

I'm finding this CAL shit to be pretty amateurish, and I would so not be proud of this presentation if it were my league.

It's a new division, it's free, and the people running the division don't get paid.

CAL was the top league for a lot of the big competitive online games for a long time but once the CPL collapsed they went downhill. Still not bad for a free league though, IMO, because the few better leagues (CEVO) cost cashhhh

<<< 1 2 3 4 >>>
[Back to Index]