A silhouette did stand.
A brave and stalwart sailor,
Who gave a helpin' hand.
Without fail, on every whim,
which we did demand,
He simply smiled and waved his hand
and sent us 'cross the land.

--
"Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you."
Carl Sagan, from a marker left by the Mars Pathfinder rover Sojourner.
wow, maybe the bannana was made for monkeys and that proves the evolution theory yaal hate so much!

----
"SHALOM!"
Bacardee and Cola get the job done!
http://tinyurl.com/oofrg

--
"SHALOM!"
Bacardee and Cola get the job done!
sometimes, people take things to far.

----
--Igz--

--
--Igz--

----
--Igz--

thats what SHE said!!! She as in Igzy.

----

--

----
--Igz--

----

VINCO! ....you've gone to far.

----
--Igz--

--
--Igz--
OI, as you ever eaten a banana?

----
Paladin: Its Nerf or nothin!!

----
--Igz--

----

VINCO! ....you've gone to far.

----
--Igz--

dammit, i thought i was just far enough =(

----

--
That video with Kirk Cameron was just a humorous play on why creationist Christians like them are so easily able to not let the theory of Evolution threaten their beliefs. Just like the Da Vinci Code. Any Christian who feels threatened by that movie needs to simply learn why they believe what they believe, then they'll know that the movie is simply fiction.

We look around the world, intricate systems of biology, nature exist. Amazingly the world works and continues to work. Every type of life on this planet has a vastly complicated genetic code that stores enormous amounts of information that in turn creates a complicated lifeform, plant/animal/insect/etc. The data that is stored, also has a decoding system (RNA) that reads that information.

What are the chances that the information system and the decoding system could come from nowhere, and even with that system in place, then the appropriate information organizes in such a way to create lifeforms like we see in the world that work together in such an interesting balance. It's just so unlikely.

Geneticists also admit that they are not studying biology. They are reverse engineering molecules. They may cringe at wording it that way, but they all admit that they are having to approach the problem from a reverse engineering standpoint.

I guess it's just all about what perspective you see the world from.

----
Kylera - 60 Discipline Priest - Good Twin
Kyriel - 60 Shadow Priest - Evil Twin
300 Alchemy, 300 Herbalism, 300 Tailoring, 300 Facemelting

--
being a christian, i believe that there is a God, only a fool would think otherwise. but the question here is whether God used evol to make the world and us human. I don't believe in evol (evol in the science does not equate speciation - that is simple organisms -> cat-> dog-> ape-> human being. I have study biology at the university of wisconsin milwaukee and have a master in microbiology - the more i learn about how our world works - the complexity of it...i question how one would believe in evol...

evol assumes 1) everything happen by chance 2) no goals/purpose etc.

----
Lurther

--
Lurther
I'll see if I can find the link that I saw, but there is enough information to prove that humans were evolved from certain species of animals. There are certain humanoids that were specific to certain areas of land, there were also several species of animals that were human-like (see gorillas) that were specific to certain areas. I forget the other types of human-like creatures, which I stated above hopefully I can find the link, but it showed that the diversity that can be found today among humans was caused by the mating of the human-like and humanoid type creatures. Or something along those lines, I'll find it when I get home, I'm still at work.

Now about how God exists or doesn't exist. If you believe he exists, then there are many questions that you have ignored regarding your belief of god. And I highly doubt many of you who would call yourself religious has studied the Christian church and the history of it's actions. That is why the DaVinci Code angered the church, or at least why I speculate it did. The movie is based on the book, which is a fictional novel based on theories which cannot be proven. If the church had nothing to hide, why would such a movie anger or disturb them?

I have tons of feelings about this topic, although would probably anger quite a few people. I'm not an atheist but I'm not religious. I'd call myself agnostic if I had a choice, but I usually get labeled as a blasphemer or an atheist by saying certain things. Like the fact that if you do believe in god, then why are you living on Earth? Are you living on earth as just a test for god? You have to pass this test to go onto heaven? And why is this religion correct and others are not. Why do Christians consider greek and roman mythology laughable, along with hinduism and other religions, while their religion is the only correct one?

If you do consider yourself religious, I'd read some on the history of the Christian church, I did and it showed me a lot of information that might prove useful in your beliefs.

----

[fag]Aigimbooze[/fag]
We should learn to block all those pias fucks from our forum

--
Nah meng it's ok.

I am very used to people disagreeing with me, and it doesn't anger me. It helps keep me on my toes I just ask you read this whole post so you can understand my position and why I see things the way I do.

On evolution, you may want to double check the facts that you say prove evolution is true. All too often, we see people blindly accept evolution because of the "proof" that exists, but then conveniently forget the specifics of that proof when it comes time to make their case. Just make sure you're thinking for yourself and not letting the so-called "intellectual authorities" do it for you. They're no better or naturally smarter than you or I no matter how many big words they use, they don't deserve our faith.

As for the history of the Church, I am not concerned with the negative past of the Christian church, Catholic and Protestant the same way you are. I view that history as one to learn from. The lesson to be learned is, do not allow men to make the rules strictly from their own wisdom and/or motives. You'll notice the Church's ugly past is always stemmed from self-important leaders that got carried away and did not let scripture and the Holy Spirit speak to them. I know that as an agnostic that explanation does not really mean much to you, but it is hard to understand the history of the Church and how it happened without a solid foundation in the Old Testament and the New Testament. Though times are different, we are still the same, people as were described in the Bible. Power, wealth, and fame corrupts.

Every church that allows itself to be run by men that do not hold themselves and each other to the letter of scripture, falls into chaos, corruption and/or immorality.

If you read the Book of Acts in the New Testament, you'll see how the Church was meant to function. How there was an establishment in Jerusalem, how there were church plants in many different parts of the Middle East/Africa/Europe by evangelists like Barnabas and Paul, and how there was proper respect for church authority, while the church authority itself was able to keep its own iniquities in line by holding each other to account with scripture.

I would also join with the Jewish population in this guild in reiterating the many great leaders of the Israelites. Moses, especially, is a great example of a near perfect leader (save his temper) who was able to lead incredibly "stiff-necked people" out of slavery in Egypt and into a Godly way of life, able to be risen to a great nation that dominated the entire Middle East for many centuries. Moses, though not a natural-born leader, was perfectly humble before God and therefore received the wisdom he needed to be that great leader the Jews needed.

My point is, don't reject Christian and/or Jewish beliefs because some of the leaders gave into their own human weaknesses and forgot the role they were intended to play in the world. As for the science of creationism, I'll get into that if you're curious about why I decided to reject evolution. I once did believe in evolution, but was eventually convinced otherwise, so this isnt something I was blindly born into.

----

--
Oh I'll also answer your question about how Christians know their faith is right and that Hinduism, Roman/Greek Mythology, Buddhism, etc, are false, but I am at work now and my lunch break is over. So hold that thought.

----

--
Nothing new will be said in this discussion. It's all been said before.

http://www.google.com/search?q=creationism+vs+evolution

----
If the Da Vinci Code, a murder-mystery novel, threatens your beliefs, then your beliefs are weak and should be threatened.

--
Also, I'm pretty sure I have aliens in my body

----
If the Da Vinci Code, a murder-mystery novel, threatens your beliefs, then your beliefs are weak and should be threatened.

--
camera, the DaVinci code angered people because it claimed that Jesus was not divine. pretty much judaism in movie form.

----

--
Nothing new will be said in this discussion. It's all been said before.

http://www.google.com/search?q=creationism+vs+evolution

True, but when it's a discussion you're participating in, you take away something different than you would by impersonally reading everyone bloviating on their websites or blogs.

----

--
Oh I'll also answer your question about how Christians know their faith is right and that Hinduism, Roman/Greek Mythology, Buddhism, etc, are false, but I am at work now and my lunch break is over. So hold that thought.

----

let me take a stab at this one: i'd say the key word is faith

----

--
Well keep in mind Vinco, most Jewish scholars joined Christian scholars in rebutting the Da Vinci Code's false historical "facts." Jews may not believe that Jesus was the Savior prophesied in the book of Isaiah and other places in the Torah/Old Testament, but not for the same reasons the Da Vinci Code claimed.

Jews are not Gnostics, like those who express views like those in the Da Vinci Code are.

----

--

let me take a stab at this one: i'd say the key word is faith

Actually, you're right haha. I will explain why I and millions of others have the faith we do in a plain straight forward manner, but I can do that all I want, and won't convince anyone unless those people apply a degree of faith.

So yeah, you're very much right

----

--

1 2 3 4 >>>
[Back to Index]