84313 Total Posts
Nelthilta is the last poster

Those of you who've played Other MMOs
Those of you who've played Other MMOs
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Off-topic]
Secondary: None

I could use some information from you on pretty much any MMO you know anything about.

I Need the following:
-Game Name
-Races
-Classes
-Level Cap
-Professions
-Profession Level Caps
-Number of Professions you can be
-any other information about the game I should know

If you don't know anything about em off the top of your head, then don't worry about it, I can google it, buf if you know, and it isn't too much trouble, you'll save me a bit of work.

I'd like at LEAST the following games:
EQ, EQ2, CoH, CoV, Guild Wars, EVE, anything else, I can't think of any else off the top of my head. Mainly I just need games that are still played.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
-Game Name
RL
-Races
Pacific Islander
-Classes
Vietnamese
-Level Cap
100?
-Professions
Computer Engineering
-Profession Level Caps
uhhh?
infinite
You can't buy gold and there'e no chinese farmers of that sort

----
fo sho, niggy4sho
Game:
Everquest

Races:
Gnome, Troll, Dark Elf, High Elf, Half Elf, Wood Elf, Human, Dwarf, Froglocs, Vah Shir, Iksar, Erudite

Classes:
Warrior, Cleric, Monk, Ranger, Druid, Beastlord, Wizard, Mage, Necromancer, Bard

Level Cap:
I think it's at 70 now, went in steps of 5 starting at 55

Professions:
Tinkering, Smithing, Tailoring, Jewelry, ...

Profession Level Caps:
250, might be more now, you can raise it through alternate advancement abilities, which come through experience, stupid game

Number of Professions you can be:
You can be all of them, but you can only have one that you're a grandmaster in. I think there is a way to become a grandmaster in 2, but that requires a bunch of gay advancement abilities.

Information about the Game:
It was addictive back in the day when everything was fun and they didn't repeatedly nerf my class for no apparent reason to the point that I would die fighting anything solo. The developers played certain characters (bards) and they were continuously buffed and never nerfed. At points, bards could take out a whole zone to themselves. And yes, this game had zones, where you actually had to load the zone itself to play, much like instances everywhere you try and go.

I raided decent high end stuff, my character was a badass monk, and my friend quit who gave me his crazy Shaman, who I then two boxed things that full groups couldn't kill. Hooray for back in the day. The only problem was, no PvP, it was just an eternal race to see who could kill Uber_Mob_01. And since they aren't instanced, it was a fullout shitfest when something would spawn to see what guild could get more people to it.

----

--
Thanx Cam. Keep em coming, if you know about em.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
Game
City of Heroes

Races
none really, you could chose an origin type: mutant, science, technology, natural, and magic. Your origin really didnt serve any purpose and only affected the game in one way, which was that you could only purchase enhancements from a certain store.

Classes
Scrapper (melee), Blaster (ranged), tanker (tank..duh), controller, defender(healer/debuffer)
Oh, I forgot they tried to reward lvl 50s by releasing 2 new classes that became unlocked upon reaching lvl 50, peacebringer and warbringer. They were capable of transforming which basically allowed them to play as multiple classes (such as the tank and blaster form).

Along with these classes, characters could choose which primary and secondary powersets to have.
EX: I had a fire/ice tanker, who had fire armor and ice melee. There are other combos that I can not remember. Ill add them when i get home and look.

Level cap
it was 50 when I left but I remember they were going to lift it to 60

Profesions
none, was a very basic game

Information about CoH:

Was a lot of fun when I first started, but has absolutely no end game and the only way to improve oneself is by purchacing "enhancements" which give a boost to said power.

There where literally millions of costume choices which made customizing our toon very easy.
Also, the pvp was very weak, but now that City of Villians is out I assume it is better.
The game got old pretty quick and was repeatative.

*side note* had very few bugs unlike WoW and the ones it had were usually fixed within several days.

http://www.coh.com/
Thanx Lynn

----

--
I played CoH on a friends acct. for about 2 hours and hated it. The game it's self is very basic and boring

----
Por que...

--
Por que...
Ok, got home and just finished adding most of the stuff I left out of CoH discription.
Just wondering why you are gathering this info chops. Are you going to be making guild templates for those games also?
Just wondering why you are gathering this info chops. Are you going to be making guild templates for those games also?

correct

----

--
I guess you'll know where I've been these days now that I've finally settled down, if this isn't information you need just let me know and I'll edit it into oblivion!

-Game Name

EVE Online

-Races

Minmitar, Amarr, Caldari, Gallente
(race 'bonuses' aren't huge and can be compensated and overcome by skills) Any race can train up any other races ship flying skills.

-Classes

Heh. What are those? Seriously though, there aren't any classes, the game is skill based so, if you want to be an industrialist, you can train up on social, industry skills, and manufacturing. You want to be a miner? Train up mining and refining and hauler flying to get your mineral on! If you want to do covert ops for your corporation (guild) you can train up electronics warfare and learn how to cloak and spy on enemy movements and shit.

-Level Cap

No level cap because there are no levels. Everything is skill based, you learn skills in real time, so even when I'm not playing, or I'm having another week long stint of not being able to play, my character is still learning 'levelling up' a skill. At the moment, I've trained up to cruisers and medium sized guns (among a ton of supplemental engineering, electronic and navigational skills) and I'm working on my advanced 'learning' skills. Learning and stat boosting skills decrease training time. I think someone calculated it would take 7 years to max out ever 'level' of skill available in the game, not to mention a ridiculous amount of isk (interstellar kurrency) it would cost to buy them all.

-Professions

You are really only limited by your imagination and the time it takes to train the skills you need to make what you want to do possible. I hooked an old friend on the game that is a straight up 100% carebear, he runs haulers from system to system buying low and selling high, researching blueprints to make items and sell them on the market to undercut his competitors. I'm kind of a mission running guy while I get comfortable, I've joined a large corporation linked to a different group of forums I belong to. But from the get go, I was viable in PvP, running a small frigate (smallest ships in the game) I was able to help warp jam (prevent escape) and web (severally reduce motion) large ships while sniping battlecruisers destroyed them from a distance.

-Profession Level Caps

See above.

CCP (the game developers) designed the game to be as 'open ended' as possible. You can do a great deal, the non-linear skill system allows you to go off in any direction you please. You also don't loose any previous training you've done (unless you get podded and don't upgrade your clone)

Check out a video, http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/videos/ those are ingame graphics

Size chart of the ships, copy this into your browsing, the image is really really huge... http:// img77.imageshack.us/img77/4376/evechartrmr0ud.jpg

If you look at the minmitar and above the largest (titan, none in game yet, acts as a mobile player owned station, has a doomsday weapon) ship on the far right, 4 lines of ships up and two over is the ship I'm in at the moment, yay stabber!

The universe is huge, and there is only one....

http:// img353.imageshack.us/img353/9442/latest4kk.jpg

The corporation I'm a member of has taken residence in the solitude region, the colored regions are real player alliance controlled unsecure space. The center is 'empire' (NPC security enforced areas) space. All those little dots are star systems.

Wow....Sup feynor, thanx for all the info! It'll come in very handy. I'm almost done with dkpsystem.com....oh man, I'm excited as hell!

----

--
Wow....Sup feynor, thanx for all the info! It'll come in very handy. I'm almost done with dkpsystem.com....oh man, I'm excited as hell!

----

I'm glad to hear it. Glad to hear you're still working on dkpsystem I've abandoned a couple projects in the time it's taken you to almost finish yours, so there! Or something... At least if I'm mining in EVE I can still code and I won't get anyone killed by not paying attention

I don't think EVE will lend to well to a dkp system, there aren't dungeons or instances (there are deadspace complexes, but they aren't instanced, so if you run into a group of non-allied non-NAP'd folks trying to complete it, you can go guns blazing on them, and take their ships contents if you destroy them), but something that people are always wanting in EVE is a killboard... i.e...

http://goonfleet.com/killboard/
http://www.celeskills.com/
http://www.times-of-ancar.de/killboard/

And I'm embarassed to say, you won't see any Basil Cunninghams' kills on the goonfleet board, still a bit of a chickenshit, but soon, soon they'll all pay!

I'll stop fagging up your MMO info thread now. Take it easy!
haha...Well, maybe not a DKP System, but if there is a big demand for that Killboard thing, it'll be something useful to add in the future.

I just briefly looked at em, and they don't look particularly complicated, but what exactly is a killboard?

----

--
haha...Well, maybe not a DKP System, but if there is a big demand for that Killboard thing, it'll be something useful to add in the future.

I just briefly looked at em, and they don't look particularly complicated, but what exactly is a killboard?

----

It's a pretty simple concept, there are a few 'open source' killboards out there. Basically when you are killed by/or you kill someone, CONCORD (the NPC police that protect players in secure space) sends you a kill/loss mail. It entails basic information regarding the kill/loss, something like this...

Region: Syndicate
Constellation: JQ-SZ1
System: EZA-FM
Security: 0.0

Player: Basil Cunninghams
Corporation: Goonfleet
Alliance: None
Ship Type: Rifter
Sec Status: 0.0

Players Involved

Player: Asshole #1 (laid the final blow)
Ship Type: Frigate Ass Raper
Weapon Used: Big Kablamo Beam

Player: Asshole #2
Ship Type: Support Ship
Weapon Used: Big Kablamo Beam

Items Destroyed:

Newbie Cannon
Newbie Warp Stabilizier
Newbie Dignity

Some of the nicer boards actually link ship type, weapons, alliance information back to the Eve database. But mostly people want them to track kill/losses so they can wave their e-peens by underreporting losses .

Basil Cunninghams, evil butler extraordinare. http://img.eve.is/serv.asp?s=512&c=797027064
Level Cap:

50 - 60 - 65 - 70

Probably does not really pertain anyhow.
Level Cap:

50 - 60 - 65 - 70

Probably does not really pertain anyhow.

Oh ya, that was 50 not 55. /sigh pre-kunark was so long ago.

/flex Shiverback

----

--
Game:
HercMUD or JediMUD and a few others. That is right a MUD and yes i am old.

Classes:
thief, cleric, warrior, mage, ranger, a few others which i forget.

Races:
human, troll, gnome, elf

Level cap:
50 but you could remort and start at level 1 with an advanced race or same race with 10% increase to all traits. Also experience to next level increases by 10%.

Proffesions:
None

Information about a mud which is the first game i was ever addicted too http://www.livinginternet.com/d/d.htm

Some muds allowed us to have 2 characters on at the same time. We used a program called tintin++ to play both from the same console. It was great since we could heal ourselves.

--
Chaaaalaaaassssss
Do people still play that, Karish?

----

--
Do people still play that, Karish?

----

I think they do. It requires a lot more imagination then todays games.
Since starcraft came out i stopped playing that though.
me and eliaz were playing that ALL the time. His wife is still mad at me for introducing him to those games

--
Chaaaalaaaassssss

[Back to Index]