84313 Total Posts
Nelthilta is the last poster

Get a real savings account
Get a real savings account
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Off-topic]
Secondary: None

Jesus...5% interest on a savings account.

http://www.emigrantdirect.com/

That's pretty pwnage right there.

I totally signed up and it's goign to be my "Taxes and Excess" account to help me pay my taxes like a good little slave.

Fucking Taxes.

----
If the Da Vinci Code, a murder-mystery novel, threatens your beliefs, then your beliefs are weak and should be threatened.

--
Fucking Taxes.

shut up slave

----
Beasty

--
Beasty
Fucking Taxes.

shut up slave

----
Beasty

The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- American humorist Will Rogers

----
If the Da Vinci Code, a murder-mystery novel, threatens your beliefs, then your beliefs are weak and should be threatened.

--
whats the catch?

----

--
whats the catch?

----

As far as I can tell, the only catch is that it's online only. So you can't just withdraw whenever you want, you have to do all deposits via ACH.

There are actually quite a few 5%-ish savings accounts out there. Do a google search for "online savings account" and you'll see a fair number of accounts all in the 5% area.

----

--
so are they liable?

----

--
so are they liable?

They are a bank, and the funds are FDIC insured.

A few articles about them: http://www.emigrantdirect.com/news.php

It's definitely worth considering.

----

--
You want to use a savings plan? Get a mutual fund, you'll make more money in that than you will in your savings account if you have enough money.

Checking accounts for 0% interest own my socks, thx for being under 21.

Oh ya, you'll need to be above a certain age for this savings account, I'm not positive and haven't checked, but you usually have to be over 21 to get the better rates, unless you have a parent sign it for you.

----

Sen. Stevens discussing the internet
They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

--
I've just got this as a temporary holder, so to speak. I just recently got a financial planner, so I'll be dumping my money in other, better places, but for the time being, I'd rather have it in 5% than 0%. Also, since this is storage for short term, I'd rather be guaranteed that my money not go away before I invest where I want to invest, and mutual funds can lose money in the short term.

----

--
Jesus...5% interest on a savings account.

http://www.emigrantdirect.com/

That's pretty pwnage right there.

I totally signed up and it's goign to be my "Taxes and Excess" account to help me pay my taxes like a good little slave.

Fucking Taxes.

----

you know what i think of this?

those goddamn jews! always trying to get my money.

i didnt even open the link, i just saw saving account and that it had to do with money and automatically assumed the jews had something do with it.

stereotypes ftw.

----
Disdaining fortune with his brandished steel, which smoked with bloody execution..

--
you are a true member of the order of the lobster.

----

--
It's legit.

I have had an emigrantdirect.com account for over a year now. I opened it at 3.75%, and every time the Fed raised rates, they likewise raised their return rate. It links, as Chops said, with your primary bank account through ACH. Deposits and withdrawals are just a matter of 24-48 hours for the funds to clear to/from.

And yes, the 5% is pretty nice. On about 6 grand, I make $25 per month in interest. Now if I just had 600 grande in there, I could live off my $2500 per month in interest alone. Freaking rich people.

And no Camera, there is no catch. No age requirement. No minimum opening deposit. Don't be such a pessimist.

And no Camera, there is no catch. No age requirement. No minimum opening deposit. Don't be such a pessimist.

I wasn't being pessimistic, I was just at the bank opening a new checking account and was looking at the savings account I do have (which is at around 3.75%) which I've had for awhile. I couldn't get a decent interest rate with a checking account until I'm 21, but then a whole bunch of different options open to me.

I use mutual funds along with a savings account to make my money grow, probably because I have a shit ton of time to wait for a mutual fund to grow with no other use for the money.

----

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

--

I wasn't being pessimistic, I was just at the bank opening a new checking account and was looking at the savings account I do have (which is at around 3.75%) which I've had for awhile. I couldn't get a decent interest rate with a checking account until I'm 21, but then a whole bunch of different options open to me.

I use mutual funds along with a savings account to make my money grow, probably because I have a shit ton of time to wait for a mutual fund to grow with no other use for the money.

----

You could purchase a waterproof laptop so it won't matter if you dump water all over it again!

----
Beasty

--
Beasty

----

You could purchase a waterproof laptop so it won't matter if you dump water all over it again!

----
Beasty

shit I just spilt water on my place

----

--

----

----
Beasty

----

wrong you are dumb

----

----
Beasty

----

wrong you are dumb

Young man, you're dead.

----

--
Up to 5.15%

DO EET NOW!

----

--
Up to 5.15%

DO EET NOW!

----

Yeah, just raised it again on the 28th. It's a great way to let some money grow at a superb rate for being risk-free and completely liquid. I'd recommend them to anyone with a checking account.

[Back to Index]