Nelthilta is the last poster

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man"
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man"
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Off-topic]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>>
I just re-read your thing....James, Jesus' Brother....

I know dogma (the movie) joked about Jesus' brothers and sisters, but I was unaware that there is actual legitimacy with Jesus supposedly having siblings.

Haha well that's what you get when you rely on Dogma as your primary source of info. ;D

When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. "Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?" they asked. "Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" And they took offense at him.

But Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor."

And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

- Matthew 13:53-58

The Gospel of Mark also has a similar account of this event.

Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.

"Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles! Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him.

Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

- Mark 6:1-6

----
Kylera - 60 Discipline Priest - Good Twin
Kyriel - 60 Shadow Priest - Evil Twin
300 Alchemy, 300 Herbalism, 300 Tailoring, 300 Facemelting

--
Even after the shitty week I've had teaching (and yes...it's only Monday), I can still say that I'd like to firmly plant my foot in their asses.

That is all.
Even after the shitty week I've had teaching (and yes...it's only Monday), I can still say that I'd like to firmly plant my foot in their asses.

That is all.

redirect that rage at your students, make them respect your authoritah!!!

----

--

That is all.

redirect that rage at your students, make them respect your authoritah!!!

----

It's the Christian way of teaching! If you can't help prove your point or help someone, kick their ass!

----

Sen. Stevens discussing the internet
They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

--
So can I quote Harry Potter now and throw it around like its the be all end all? I mean, Harry Potter has just as much credibility as the bible, so why not?
videogames are evil.

----
--Igz--
http://lorelol.ytmnd.com/

--
--Igz--
limmilah

----

--
timmah?

----

--
videogames are evil.

----
--Igz--

Whoa whoa whoa, haven't you learned anything, sit in quiteness nub. Shhhhhh

----

--
videogames are evil.

----
--Igz--

SILENCE WOMAN!

--
videogames are evil.

----
--Igz--

SILENCE WOMAN!

watch out you're becoming camera's conception of a Christian!!!

pretty soon you'll be slappin the ho's around tellin them to know their role and shut their mouth before you whoop all their candy asses!

----

--
videogames are evil.

----
--Igz--

SILENCE WOMAN!

pretty soon you'll be slappin the ho's around tellin them to know their role and shut their mouth before you whoop all their candy asses!

----

hmm pretty sure religion aside that happens alot everywhere.

but ish is hispanic, he knows that the women will always run his life and will fear me no matter how small and fragile i am. RAWR.

----
--Igz--

--
--Igz--
videogames are evil.

----
--Igz--

SILENCE WOMAN!

----

I'd appreciate it if the cultist didn't speak for what I believe a christian to be. A christian isn't someone you can pick out like you can pick someone out by their race, a christian is someone who believes in a higher power and wants to know that they will go to a better place. I am perfectly fine with that, the thing I do have a problem with is when christians act like cultists and try to push their beliefs on everyone and when they don't accept it, start harassing them.

You may want to believe in a higher power and want to believe you're going to a better place. I want to believe that I can figure everything out scientifically and make this place I live a better place while I'm here. I have trolled you and Rade so hard that apparently it's getting to you, which is exactly what I wanted. But in no way do I hate christians, because that'd just be stupid bigotry. I don't like people who attempt to push their beliefs on others, people who follow in the same faith you do don't like you because of how you act. If you don't believe that, you're just ignorant to the facts.

You can make anything you read say anything you want. That's all I have to say about the Bible in general.

----

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

--
I'd appreciate it if the cultist didn't speak for what I believe a christian to be. A christian isn't someone you can pick out like you can pick someone out by their race, a christian is someone who believes in a higher power and wants to know that they will go to a better place. I am perfectly fine with that, the thing I do have a problem with is when christians act like cultists and try to push their beliefs on everyone and when they don't accept it, start harassing them.

You may want to believe in a higher power and want to believe you're going to a better place. I want to believe that I can figure everything out scientifically and make this place I live a better place while I'm here. I have trolled you and Rade so hard that apparently it's getting to you, which is exactly what I wanted. But in no way do I hate christians, because that'd just be stupid bigotry. I don't like people who attempt to push their beliefs on others, people who follow in the same faith you do don't like you because of how you act. If you don't believe that, you're just ignorant to the facts.

You can make anything you read say anything you want. That's all I have to say about the Bible in general.

So now you get to pick and choose when to make the discussion a serious one and when I am and am not allowed to discuss what I think? What a joke you are

Maybe if you could form an original thought and base your world view on facts rather than emotion you'd be secure enough in your belief system (like Chops for example) to argue your points without getting annoyed and accusing me of "pushing my beliefs onto others"

Either way, I call you illegitimate bastard child and you can call me cultist. It's a fair trade

----

--
It seems to me that most of the comments by Kylera in regards to religion are simply discussive (if that's a word). The only time I got any real feeling of the "christian mentality pushing" was on the "lolol slayed a fetus" thread, but even in that case, I don't feel he was necessarily trying to push his beliefs on anyone, but merely provide advice, which, while to you doesn't seem sound, to him is sound advice.

Everyone's different.

I'm ignoring the evolution vs creationism thread as both sides of that fight were trying to "push their views" on eachother.

----
If the Da Vinci Code, a murder-mystery novel, threatens your beliefs, then your beliefs are weak and should be threatened.

--
I'm ignoring the evolution vs creationism thread as both sides of that fight were trying to "push their views" on eachother.

It's a fight to the death! oh yeah baby

But didn't that thread fade away like 3 months ago?

----

--

So now you get to pick and choose when to make the discussion a serious one and when I am and am not allowed to discuss what I think? What a joke you are

Maybe if you could form an original thought and base your world view on facts rather than emotion you'd be secure enough in your belief system (like Chops for example) to argue your points without getting annoyed and accusing me of "pushing my beliefs onto others"

Either way, I call you illegitimate bastard child and you can call me cultist. It's a fair trade

----

Okay, apparently you mistook the words I said as negative ones, let me rephrase this for you.

I never said I get to pick and choose when to make the discussion serious, after you kept putting words in my mouth I just wanted to let you know where I stood. You are free to voice what you want to discuss. When did I ever say that you weren't?

How is my belief system any different from yours? I was into the Christian religion (Lutheran, Missouri syn.) and followed it closely. Read a lot on it, read a lot of the bible, much like yourself except not to the extent of it. I'm now changing my beliefs because it's the way I feel about it. I'm not annoyed by your views I just disagree with them and there is no real point to argue my points. My points are exactly that, mine, not yours. Just as yours are exactly that, yours. We're not the same people and sometimes you just have to understand that some people have different ways of saying things. I think what we have here is a communication breakdown, much like the Led Zeppelin song.

Maybe Chops doesn't believe you sound like you're pushing your views onto others. People precieve in different ways, and I'm sure he's not alone in his thoughts and I'm not alone in mine.

Either way, you got trolled and I think you're getting a bit upset that you can't troll me in the same way I did you.

----

--
That's fine, cambabe. We have an understanding now. From now on we can just insult each other if that makes you more comfortable.

Either way, you got trolled and I think you're getting a bit upset that you can't troll me in the same way I did you.

Haha get your perception straight, illegitimate-Cam

I've been trolling you right back everywhere you go and you're just crying because you don't like it when people troll back. So when you run into resistence you cry to your vent buddies for help.

----

--
To be completely honest, my vent buddies made those posts when I was never actually on. I never asked for help, I am pretty positive I could handle myself.

Are you surprised that you're disliked by more than just me?

----

--
rofl Adam consciously disobeyed God just as much as Eve did. Too many Christians need to get it through their heads that they'll never make sense to the world until they actually read and understand scripture.

Do they not realize that strong women, by God's command, several times lead Israel away from imminent disaster, such as Ester, Judge Deborah, and Judith.

What is wrong with a woman teaching a man? Sure there are some subjects that are inappropriate for women to teach men, but really if they know something some men don't, then why not teach. Women being submissive to men is mostly aimed at leadership in the family body. Just like any other body has a clear chain of command. I mean what guild is run smoothly with two completely equal leaders?

But even on the subject of marriage, men aren't supposed to be slave drivers that have a lapdog wife to satisfy their every whim. That makes no sense. This piece of scripture explains it best.

Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord. For Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church, and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. Even so husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. he who loves his wife loves himself. For no man ever hates his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church; however, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

- Ephesians 5:21-33

Pretty much this says, women be submissive to the your husbands, and husbands put the needs of your wife ahead of your own.

----

1. Adam and Eve never existed.
2. "women be submissive to the your husbands, and husbands put the needs of your wife ahead of your own" is archaic thinking.

----
"The Ultimates 2 for me is a little bit of everything. Grand adventure, intricate conspiracies,
epic visuals, and simply an amazing comic.
Separate from the reality it mirrors, The Ultimates 2 is an example of what comics can do in the
hands of a writer and artist unafraid to unleash the limits of their abilities." -ComicCritique.com

--
"Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you."
Carl Sagan, from a marker left by the Mars Pathfinder rover Sojourner.

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>>
[Back to Index]