Nelthilta is the last poster
49 Unique Guild Members
14 Level 100 characters
401 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
84313 Total Posts
Nelthilta is the last poster

Zeus guide (posting it here in case I lose it)
Zeus guide (posting it here in case I lose it)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [DotA]
Secondary: None

Zeus the Lord of Olympia

(I might have to buy Frapps)

Strength 19 (+ 1.8 per Level)
Agility 15 (+1.7 per Level)
Intelligence 20 (+2.7 per level) Main Attribute

Brief Description:
This is probably the most annoying here early and mid game. If you're up against him pray the person you're facing lacks a chromosome here of there because he WILL kill you. If you have him grats on all your free kills. The fact is, no one should ever do badly with this hero. He has one powerful nuke, a weaker but extremely low cool down chain lightning. His ultimate is the best in the game. It strikes any hero on the map for listed damage on the ability. (This ability also gives true sight in the area it hits for like 2-3 seconds so it may reveal mines/hidden heroes up impact, its part of the way the ability works and not listed as part of the effect). His last ability is an AOE shock to every unit around him for X% of their health. The last ability isn't really my favorite because it seems broken and damages allies too.

If you have this hero you might get flack for a kill steal here of there but the whole reason he has the ultimate he does is to make sure that no one gets out alive. With the right items on Zeus you cans strike all the heroes on the map for roughly 800-900 damage. During a fight this hero should general focus fire on low health intelligence and agility heroes. Beefy strength heroes (all but Naix and the Spirit Breaker) will shallow your nukes. If you get stuck in a lane with two strength heroes swap out. I would not suggest soloing with Zeus simply because he really is better with someone else and an easy target if up against the right hero. This hero is the one you hate. We've all played a game where we get away with like 100 HPS and then out of no where, ZAP, gone. I know I've heard some tears from people because of it.

Choose your target wisely. Many players will opt out of buying the basics first items to get a Ring of Health which gives 4 hp per second. If you see someone doing this, don't bother nuking them. Usually you will be able to find one person that is without proper health regeneration focus on them (you can see enemy heroes inventory when you click on them).

If you don't get chain lighting first hit ALT F4, then press Q, then Q again. You CAN spam this early on even if you only get rank one or two of it, it will deal more damage than one huge nuke and hit more players and creeps (Obviously target the hero not the creeps when using this).

Pros: High damage nukes, map AOE, low spell cool down (except for Ultimate)
Cons: One of the slowest heroes in the game, low health, short regular attack range, slow attack speed
Special Note: Clarity potions are a must early on

Abilities List

Arc Lightning

Hurls a bolt of arcing energy that laces through many nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - Arcs 5 times, deals 85 damage.
Level 2 - Arcs 7 times, deals 100 damage.
Level 3 - Arcs 9 times, deals 115 damage.
Level 4 - Arcs 15 times, deals 130 damage.

Arc lightning is a good ability to use early game. The starting arc lightning is about 80ish damage to hero units. The total cost of casting the spell is fairly low. Zeus has 260 base mana. This means that you can cast this spell multiple times early game. Remember that this spell bounces so you're basically getting an early game AOE harass. If you are able to get enough mana to repeat this ability over and over you will be deadly to both heroes. The only reason why you wouldn't use this is if you're up against high HP heroes. In which case you should have switched lanes. Given the fact that a switch may not be possible just don't was your mana on it until you have it at level 3. I suggest getting this ability to level 2 first because against most heroes it's a powerful tool. I don't want this to sound like you should be casting it every time its up because you should always save enough mana to cast your lightning bolt which is literally your headshot tool. If you're paired with another hero and both of you can harass or have a nuke make use of this ability enough so that they aren‘t constantly holding back. The only precaution I'll give you about this ability is that you will need to remember to use it at higher levels none stop when fighting the other team. At level 4 it's a substantial amount of damage. Open up with a lightning bolt and use this until your bolt is up again. Don't bother regular attacking a hero if you have the mana to do this. Remember to keep a close eye on your mana pool you don't want to use this too much if you know you wont have enough mana left to use Lightning Bolt or Wrath.

Lightning bolt

Summons a bolt of lightning from the heavens to strike a target enemy.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 175 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 275 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 350 damage.

This ability is awesome early game to mid game, and late game if they have low health agility heroes. Needless to say level this ability first. By level 7 you should have level 4 lightning bolt. If you can spam this do it, early on I would make sure to always have enough man for one of these. This things range is insane too. It no where near as short as your normal attack, while I could post the units for it they mean nothing to me because I haven’t really figured out the unit system on Wc3 yet. Point is, long range nuke, high damage, reasonable cool down. Generally casters early game are all about how much mana you have. Early game keeping enough mana for this ability is key on Zeus. I’ll spell it out for you so you can see what I mean.

You can:
Chain Lightning (CL) - CL - CL (which is a large amount of damage like 250-300. Wait for mana to come back or drink a clarity potion. CL-CL-Big Nuke, usually most players will sit in the lane because they think your spamming CL too much. Then you hit them with the big nuke. In other words don’t open up with this. CL harass is better early on. Obviously mid to late game (with items) you should be able to semi spam this ability. This ability isn’t hard to use at all (obviously) just be smart about WHEN you use it. Wear em’ down then rape them.

Static Field

Level 1 - Shocks for 5% of current hit points.
Level 2 - Shocks for 7% of current hit points.
Level 3 - Shocks for 9% of current hit points.
Level 4 - Shocks for 11% of current hit points.

If anyone out there has seen this ability kill someone tell me. Basically what happens is, you cast a spell and Zeus shocks all units around him for X% of their CUREENT HPS. At level 4 you’ll shock a 2400 health hero for 264 damage. Not many heroes have that many hit points before level 20 and the ability loses effect as they lose health. Off the top of my head I’d place most heroes late game at about 1800-2400 HPS and most strength heroes at 2800-3200 HPS (making assumption here because you usually wont run in to the same hero with the same exact amount of health). So most heroes will get shocked for 198 -264 damage at FULL health. As their heath drops the effectiveness of this ability becomes very minimal. Most strength heroes will take about 308-352 damage at full health. In my opinion this basically gives you a free AOE nuke when you cast your first spell and progressively crappier nukes as they lose health. I would entirely skip this ability until its fixed or changed.

Basically stats > than minimal damage.

Thunder god's Wrath

Strikes down all enemy heroes with a bolt of lightning.

Level 1 - Deals 210 damage. (157.5) (give your self a 20hp buffer)
Level 2 - Deals 335 damage. (251.75) (give yourself a 50hp buffer)
Level 3 - Deals 460 damage. (345)

I’ll start off with something very important about this ability first. I’m not entirely sure but because of the way that Phantom Lancer is coded in to the game it doesn’t always hit him. This may have been fixed but I don’t feel like reading 40 change logs for the map. This leads me to my point. I posted the actual damage this ability does, which I don’t know off the top of my head but its something worth remembering at least ball park range. The buffer is how many hit points you want them to have away from the range. Thus 157 actual damage you may want to wait until they have like 140ish HPS to kill them. I didn’t list one for the third rank because by this point in the game you’ll probably only be using it if a hero is getting away with super low HP. This ability is also not hard to use. The difficulty comes in judging when it can be used to get you a kill. This isn’t an opening move by any means it must always be saved for making sure that no hero escapes. A very angry person once said “Gratz on your click fgt”. Now it isn’t just a click you must make sure that the hero is as low as they say he is. There’s nothing wrong with guessing either but I like to make sure they’re going to die or else it does nothing but scare them back into the fountain. With the right items this ability turns into the cheapest ability in the game.

ITEMS:

--
Finish this. This was a good read. What items?!?!?!

--
Finish this. This was a good read. What items?!?!?!

I'm almost done with this one and two others I'm gonna post at the same time! They will be grand.

--

[Back to Index]