84313 Total Posts
Nelthilta is the last poster

Healing 101
Healing 101
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [WoW]
Secondary: None

If you are a healer in RoNS, this thread is for you.

1. Bind ALL your healing spells.

1. Get GRID
- Spend an hour or so setting this up. This is how mine looks:

- It helps to know when you have temporary buffs on a target. Take a look at how I set up grid to help this:

1. Know basic healing stuff
- Pay attention. You will be infinitely better if you just stare at your screen with no distractions.

- Be efficient. You can set up grid to show other healer's HoTs and buffs. You don't want to throw a 15k big heal on a target who is only missing 5k life and has 3 stacks of lifebloom.

- Predict incoming damage. This is pretty obvious for tanks, but not so obvious for a lot of other aspects. On Kel'Thuzad for example, you need to save your instant & instant AoE healing spells for the iceblock (in case melee gets hit). If an iceblock just hit somebody, it's probably ok to use those spells elsewhere, the cooldown will be up in time.

- Don't just stare at Grid. This is very important for some fights and doesn't matter for others. On Patchwerk I rarely look outside of grid. But for Grobbulus, I am constantly looking around, because positioning and movement is very important.

- Relay problems through Ventrilo. You need to tell people when you are having a problem. Some common problems that need someone to speak up are: Tanks out of range; You are out of mana; You died; An add is attacking you; You need an innervate; Someone is messing up, making you heal them too much; etc.

1. Get RECOUNT.
- This is much more than a healing done comparison. At the very least it shows you how you are stacking up to the other healers.

- After each fight, you should be looking at a few key things:
-- Who did you heal? If you are a MT/OT healer, you should have 50%+ of your healing done on the tanks

-- What healing spells did you use? Make sure your talents boost your most used/favorite spells.
-- How much overhealing did you do? Sometimes this is impossible to avoid, but in general, you want to minimize the amount of overhealing.

That is all for now, please ask questions.
back in the day we had a piashealer channel we would chat in for all things healing. Would like to have a ronshealer channel. Thoughts?

Edit: sticky this thread?
I always liked those class-specific channels. piaslock came in very handy during the garr fight and during the pulls before sulfuron.

And that mod looks awesome.

--
I have fond memories of chatting with healers and pallies in those channels and then the random tank coming into the channel to bitch about healing.
Very nice greenridge. I don't heal often on my pally, other than arenas, but I've been needing to download grid.
This isn't a fair SS.

Paladins do terrible in AoE dmg fights.

IM GOOD ENOUGH STOP YELLING AT ME

--
Quote by Soulman
I have fond memories of chatting with healers and pallies in those channels and then the random tank coming into the channel to bitch about healing.

same

--
"Some douche bag, pony tail wearing, hippie FUCK..." -Sip

Healbot is an alternative to GRID. I prefer it myself. Bars, not boxes.

--
[IMG]suchafunnygif.gif[/IMG ]
you can make grid into bars. it's very customizeable
Quote by Soulman

<3

--
"SHALOM!"
Bacardee and Cola get the job done!
Quote by Maxamos
Quote by Soulman

<3

What the fuck are you kidding me?

--
this thread needs more charts.

--
[IMG]suchafunnygif.gif[/IMG ]
Quote by House
Quote by Ismael
Quote by Camera
Quote by Karrmerx
Quote by Camera
Quote by Camera